[NFP] What Civilizations do you want to see next? And do you want Civilization 6 to be expanded more? 2

Which of these Civilizations do you want to see in Civ 6?

• Total voters
I have another contestant for a Native American Civilization, from Central America, if you wish to know...

Arawak Civilization
Arawak Leader: Agueybana

Leader Ability: Paradise Islands
Rainforest Tiles adjacent to Coastal Tiles gain +2 Gold with at least 2 adjacent Coastal Tiles and scales with technologies and civics for more Food, Gold and Culture, Coastal Tiles adjacent to Rainforest Tiles gain +2 Food with at least 2 adjacent Rainforest Tiles and scales with technologies and civics for more Food, Gold and Culture (Lake Tiles doesn’t count for this Ability as Coastal Tiles)

Leader Agenda: Guardian of Paradise
Likes leaders who keeps Rainforest preserved and who keeps Global Warming at lowest levels, Hates leaders who chopped all Rainforest from their lands and who raises Global Warming into higher levels

Civ. Ability: Curare Handling
Ranged and Recon Class Units has +5 Attack Strength against Wounded Units, and earn 50% of Defeated Unit Strength as Culture on Kill (other Class Units have no bonuses)

Civ. Unique Unit: Blowgunner
Replaces Slinger, has +15 Attack Strength against Melee and Anti-Cavalry Class Units, Upgrades directly into Crossbowman instead of Archer, Arawak civilization starts with a Blowgunner instead of Warrior

Civ. Unique Improvement: Slash and Burn Farm
Available at Irrigation Technology, it is similar to Farm without replacing it, produces +1 Food like a Farm and also produces +1 Hammer, +1 Food with 2 adjacent Coastal Tiles at Feudalism, +1 Hammer with 2 adjacent Slash and Burn Farms at Feudalism, +1 Food per adjacent Coastal Tile at Replaceable Parts, +1 Hammer per adjacent Slash and Burn Farm at Replaceable Parts, can only be placed in a Rainforest tile, doesn’t remove Rainforest feacture when built (Lake Tiles doesn't count for this Improvement as Coastal Tiles)

Civ. Start Bias: Coastal (Tile), Rainforest (Tile)

References
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agüeybaná_II
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taíno
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_preta

Last edited:
I really liked Venice in Civ V because of their unique playstyle. If the Huns came back they could do something similar, maybe they start off without a settler or something because they never founded cities of their own.

The Vandals have a similar mechanic (They can only found cities by conquering a Barbarian encampment or founding a pantheon)
To represent their Barbarian origins, the Great Migration, and their beliefs in Arian Christianity.

The Hittite was one of the most great kingdom in the first age history. Also first peace treaty in the world realised between Egypt Empire and Hittite Empire. For that I thik is the big deficiency whis is not exist in civ 6 and also can be USSR, The Hun, First Turkic Khaganate, Khmer Empire, Seljuk Empire, Asyrians, The Goths, The Lydia, Amazones, Kingdom of Judah/ Kingdom of Israel, Mughal Empire, Holy Roman Empire.

The Hittite was one of the most great kingdom in the first age history. Also first peace treaty in the world realised between Egypt Empire and Hittite Empire. For that I thik is the big deficiency whis is not exist in civ 6 and also can be USSR, The Hun, First Turkic Khaganate, Khmer Empire, Seljuk Empire, Asyrians, The Goths, The Lydia, Amazones, Kingdom of Judah/ Kingdom of Israel, Mughal Empire, Holy Roman Empire.
Khmer Empire is already in Civ 6, the HRE is somewhat represented by Frederick Barbarossa, and the Seljuks, Mughals, Goths, and Israelites are all Civilizations ideas I have done.

Tamerlane of the Timurid Empire
Greeting: Welcome to my empire! I, Tamerlane, the Sword of Islam, heir of Genghis Khan, bid you welcome.

Agenda Approval: Imagine Gurkani, spreading wide across the land. What a sight that would be, eh? Hahaha.

Agenda Disapproval: What need do you have for conquest? Lay down your arms, and be content with your station.

Attacked: Do you think you can threaten my conquests? The historians will not be kind to you.

Declares War on You: Like the great Khans before me, I shall raise the Timurid banner over the enemies of my empire.

Defeated: Argh, no! The vision I had for Gurkani was so great, but you have laid me low.

You could use Tamerlane's real correspondence with Ottoman Sultan Bayezid I, there are some really nice quotes there.For example:
Since the ship of your unfathomable ambition has been shipwrecked in the abyss of self-love,” he warned, “it would be wise for you to lower the sails of your rashness and cast the anchor of repentance in the port of sincerity, which is also the port of safety; lest, by the tempest of our vengeance you should perish in the sea of punishment which you deserve
Believe me, you are but pismire ant: don't seek to fight the elephants for they'll crush you under their feet. Shall a petty prince such as you are contend with us? But your rodomontades (braggadocio) are not extraordinary; for a Turcoman never spake with judgement. If you don't follow our counsels you will regret it
More about it.

You could use Tamerlane's real correspondence with Ottoman Sultan Bayezid I, there are some really nice quotes there.For example:

More about it.
Great quotes. :D However, I, Mr. Salt I mean, doesn't really use historical quotes for dialogue. Firaxis rarely does either.

Firaxis rarely does either.
I have an impression that it mainly depends on the translator - some really go through great efforts and some... take it easily.
There is also this quote from Andrew Johnson:
Some of KK's lines come out of the Yuan-era poetry that he loved. Others were meant to sort of invoke it. For Trieu, we were going for that "list of those who have slighted me" feel; a lot of these will be more present in the non-voiced bits. As far as references to Thang Long and Hanoi... yes, they're anachronistic. I love the name, though, of the "Lake of the Returned Sword," and love the grandeur of medieval Thang Long. Better than "Yep, still up here on that mountain, plottin' your murder..." But a hardcore Vietnam history buff will see some anachronisms. Above all, I really didn't want to refer to any American War tropes, as fan service-y as they would feel.

But your idea - your decision of course. :)

I have an impression that it mainly depends on the translator - some really go through great efforts and some... take it easily.
There is also this quote from Andrew Johnson:

But your idea - your decision of course. :)

It differs. Some people have well-documented sayings and quotations, so you can get everything directly. Others have enough that you can create a kind of character sketch. Still others (Ba Trieu, Ambiorix) have very, very little (or nothing) and you have to kind of invent a character based upon what might be interesting or fun and then write for that character. Trieu, for instance, only has the one, probably anachronistic, "ride storms" quotation, so I had to elaborate a bit. I wrote lines based on her agenda, and based on the overall concept of a "turtle civ that keeps grudges." Ambiorix I went with the "jolly but murderous" notion based on how he's depicted in Roman history. Another thing I do is to try to incorporate idiomatic phrases from the original language in the dialogue.

I don't really know the previous writers' processes, and I only did a part of the NFP lines (a lot of the non-voiced ones are me, and some of the later civs' lines are mine), as I joined about a year ago. Some may have been more faithful, others may have relied more on a character they'd created.

I'm the one who writes all this dialogue on his Grace the Duke's behalf. If anyone has suggestions about a leader's dialogue, I encourage you to reach out to me.

I'm the one who writes all this dialogue on his Grace the Duke's behalf. If anyone has suggestions about a leader's dialogue, I encourage you to reach out to me.
Indeed. I wouldn't have any other person do it for me. :D

Top Bottom