[NFP] What Civilizations do you want to see next? And do you want Civilization 6 to be expanded more? 3

Which of these Civilizations do you want to see in Civ 6?

• Total voters
To be honest, none of those listed above inspire me. One civilization that I very much want to be added is Armenia. This nation has added tremendously to world culture. It dominated Anatolia in the period after Alexander and has maintained its cultural integrity over many centuries. The Byzantine empire was saved at the battle of Manzikert by an armenian general. Even during the Soviet period there were many armenians in high places, most notably the soviet foreign minister Anastas Mikoyan. Today Armenia has been reborn as an independent nation. Incidentally, Armenia was the first country to officially adopt Christianity. And, just as in Poland, a deep faith has been the bedrock of the nation's identity. Please add this great civilization to Civ VI!

The other civilization I would love to see added is Mexico. By this I mean independent Mexico. Gran Colombia has been added, as has Canada. To ignore Mexico is a big mistake. It is a remarkably dynamic, diverse, and culturally vibrant nation which has attracted immigrants from all over the world. Despite an ongoing struggle with drug gang violence, Mexico has become a fully functional democratic society, and has thrown off much of the authoritarian tendencies of the past. Please add it.
I actually did both of those already in my second thread. :lol: You can also check the google doc in my signature that @Ryansinbela made, it would be quicker that way.

The other civilization I would love to see added is Mexico. By this I mean independent Mexico. Gran Colombia has been added, as has Canada. To ignore Mexico is a big mistake. It is a remarkably dynamic, diverse, and culturally vibrant nation which has attracted immigrants from all over the world. Despite an ongoing struggle with drug gang violence, Mexico has become a fully functional democratic society, and has thrown off much of the authoritarian tendencies of the past. Please add it.
I think Mexico is well represented by the Aztecs. Of course Mexicans are different from Aztecs but they share the same cities names and the same spot in world map.
If this game should do another Latin American I think it should be Argentina. They have a great number of players and don't have a native american Civ to substitue they in game.

I think Mexico is well represented by the Aztecs. Of course Mexicans are different from Aztecs but they share the same cities names and the same spot in world map.
If this game should do another Latin American I think it should be Argentina. They have a great number of players and don't have a native american Civ to substitue they in game.
That's in South America... :p

From North America should have a bunch of Native Americans. My favorites are the Iroquois, Cherokee, Sioux and Seminole
And from Caribean the Haiti.

I doubt there's going to be a lot more Civilization 6 content, but if there were to be more civilizations, these are the ones I think I'd like to see most.

Sioux lead by Sitting Bull
I'm sure Zaarin has an argument against this, and I get it. They're known for losing. I'm not exactly pining for the confederacy to be added. That said, I can't think of many civilizations and leaders better fit for Civ 6's "big personality" gimmick and popular history perspective than this combination. I mean, unlike some people's picks they're at least known for doing something.

Romania lead by Vlad the Impaler
See above.

Mexico
In a game with Brazil, Australia, and Canada, I think it would fun to just go all the way on modern civilizations. You know, just 'cause. Such an opportunity might not come around again.

Hittites
Israel would be great but has little chance of getting in, so let's go with the fandom's other obsession from the ancient near east. The Hittites, by merit of Biblical mention, fit that pop history idea like a glove. People might not think about it right away, but you mention them and people know what you're talking about. They have a clearly definable "gimmick", early access to iron or strategic resources more generically, which would make it fairly easy to have a design which gives the Hittite fans what they want. Come on now, with natural disasters in the game, Mursili's Eclipse could be a leader ability with a prophetic or omen element to it.

Italy
Similar to Mexico, this is a well known modern nation that people are likely to think of. There's a lot to draw from on the Italian peninsula which Rome just doesn't cover, and I think it would be a good candidate for a civilization with multiple leaders. This wouldn't have to be a unified Italy civ, it could be a blob civ similar to Greece- only instead of Athens and Sparta it's Genoa and Venice, or Turin and Florence, or whatever else, really! It'd all be pretty fun, I imagine Italy would make a very flavorful culture-focused civilization.

Iran
I think we need another central asian civilization- it just feels a little empty, you know? Part of me wants to suggest the Timurids or something, but I honestly think we have enough cavalry rush civilizations at this point. Another part of me wants Tibet, but I think there's a China problem there or something? I was considering Afghanistan, because that sounds like it would be cool and sounding cool is basically my main criteria for this list, but I decided to go with Iran instead. This would represent the Islamicization of Central Asia and Iran is the only Shia majority country I know off the top of my head- accompany their inclusion by dividing Islam into Sunni, Shia, and Sufi. Add Anglicanism and Oriental Orthodoxy too while you're add it, just Balkanize all the religions. It's the sort of talk that gets me thinking about an expansion with a religious schism mechanic, but that is extremely unlikely to happen.

Mexico
In a game with Brazil, Australia, and Canada, I think it would fun to just go all the way on modern civilizations. You know, just 'cause. Such an opportunity might not come around again.
Mexico is already spoted by the Aztecs, C'mom, they share the same capital city. What should we do in real map scenario?

all 3 besides Iran (Romania is called Wallachia)
I prefer Romania

I'm sure Zaarin has an argument against this, and I get it. They're known for losing. I'm not exactly pining for the confederacy to be added. That said, I can't think of many civilizations and leaders better fit for Civ 6's "big personality" gimmick and popular history perspective than this combination.
I'm not so much against the Sioux as I'm against the Sioux in Civ6, where I feel like we have our fill of horse raider civs. That being said, their widespread public image and their chief significance coming from being the Colonial Other does make me prefer other Native American options in general.

Iran
I think we need another central asian civilization- it just feels a little empty, you know? Part of me wants to suggest the Timurids or something, but I honestly think we have enough cavalry rush civilizations at this point. Another part of me wants Tibet, but I think there's a China problem there or something? I was considering Afghanistan, because that sounds like it would be cool and sounding cool is basically my main criteria for this list, but I decided to go with Iran instead. This would represent the Islamicization of Central Asia and Iran is the only Shia majority country I know off the top of my head- accompany their inclusion by dividing Islam into Sunni, Shia, and Sufi. Add Anglicanism and Oriental Orthodoxy too while you're add it, just Balkanize all the religions. It's the sort of talk that gets me thinking about an expansion with a religious schism mechanic, but that is extremely unlikely to happen.
Iran's not exactly Central Asia; it would be in the same place Persia is in. Historically, the Fatimids were also Shiite, and I know that Shiites are also a majority in Azerbaijan and Iraq. I believe most Lebanese Muslims are also Shiite, though Lebanon is the only Christian-majority country in the Middle East. As for religion balkanization, I can't recommend Tomatekh's Historical Religions mod highly enough.

Mexico is already spoted by the Aztecs, C'mom, they share the same capital city. What should we do in real map scenario?
While I have no desire for Mexico or any other postcolonial nations, I don't think TSL should have any relevance to civ selection. If you're playing TSL and you don't want two overlapping civs in the game, ban one of them. Byzantium and the Ottomans also have the same capital, and even on a large map Egypt and Arabia start practically on top of each other.

I'm not so much against the Sioux as I'm against the Sioux in Civ6, where I feel like we have our fill of horse raider civs. That being said, their widespread public image and their chief significance coming from being the Colonial Other does make me prefer other Native American options in general.
Played as Byzantium recently and they are essentially a horse raider civ, although they were still kind of interesting. I suppose Gran Columbia and Hungary even fill that niche for the Industrial era.

The Powhatan are also pretty well known so they'd have a similarity but, I don't know. There's just a certain pizazz the Sioux have.

Iran's not exactly Central Asia; it would be in the same place Persia is in. Historically, the Fatimids were also Shiite, and I know that Shiites are also a majority in Azerbaijan and Iraq. I believe most Lebanese Muslims are also Shiite, though Lebanon is the only Christian-majority country in the Middle East. As for religion balkanization, I can't recommend Tomatekh's Historical Religions mod highly enough.
Hm. Right. Bahumbug. I can't keep all these geographic labels straight. I suppose it is a bit to the west of the real gaps, but it does have it's other merits.

Iraq is 51% Shia vs 42% Sunni. That is definitely a majority, though not quite so severe as Iran's supposed figures of around 90% Shia. I say "supposed" because, as I understand, there is a death penalty for apostasy in Iran and anonymous online surveys indicate that around half the country isn't actually Muslim. I think certain Moroccan sultanates were Shia?

Can you rename the historical religions in that mod?

The Powhatan are also pretty well known so they'd have a similarity
I'd love to see Powhatan included. The only Native American leader who even comes close to Powhatan in charisma is Joseph Brant.

There's just a certain pizazz the Sioux have.
That's partially why I don't care for them as a civ choice. Half the world already thinks all Native Americans are Sioux...

Iraq is 51% Shia vs 42% Sunni. That is definitely a majority, though not quite so severe as Iran's supposed figures of around 90% Shia. I say "supposed" because, as I understand, there is a death penalty for apostasy in Iran and anonymous online surveys indicate that around half the country isn't actually Muslim.
Yeah, CIA estimates put the Zoroastrian population at 10-20% and the Christian population (chiefly Church of the East, but also Armenians, Assyrians, and Chaldeans) at 10-20%. As for Iraq, the Ottomans had the intelligence to split Iraq into three provinces: Sunni, Shi'a, and Kurdish. The British bumbled in like idiots, drew an arbitrary border, and then walked away from the problem none the wiser because of course they did. :p

I think certain Moroccan sultanates were Shia?
I know the Fatimids of Egypt were, like I said. The Umayyad Caliphate of Cordoba and the Almoravids were Sunni, but if I'm not mistaken the Almohads were sort of Shiite--a Shiite offshoot of some kind.

Can you rename the historical religions in that mod?
Unfortunately not, but it includes dozens of them alongside new generic religious symbols.

I'd love to see Powhatan included. The only Native American leader who even comes close to Powhatan in charisma is Joseph Brant.

That's partially why I don't care for them as a civ choice. Half the world already thinks all Native Americans are Sioux...
Unfortunately, I don't think Civ6 is going to be the game to offer a broad range of distinct North American indigenous civilizations, considering they ditched the Iroquois. Maybe in Civ7.

The British bumbled in like idiots, drew an arbitrary border, and then walked away from the problem none the wiser because of course they did. :p
A very British sort of thing to do. I hear that's how the eat kebabs as well.

Joanna leads Brittany in Sid Meier's Civilization 6: The Forgotten.*

Joanna.jpeg

Coming April 5.

*Thanks for inspiration goes to @Zaarin.

Last edited:
You're making me really want Wales now, for no other reason than I want to see Sean Bean try to pronounce Llywelyn. :p
I mean England didn't get the longbowman this time so it's available. :mischief:

You're making me really want Wales now, for no other reason than I want to see Sean Bean try to pronounce Llywelyn. :p
Go check out my Wales idea in my second Civ Ideas thread. :D

Top Bottom