What Conquests do you want added?

Insigna

Chieftain
I think a Cold war conquest would be awesome. Especialy if it leads to a masive apocoliptic war. A Cold War game would be great and a World War I Conquest would be Awesome as well as Alexander the Great and Chinese waring states period. These should be in!

War of 1812

Isn't that Napoleonic Wars? :confused:

Or do you mean the sacking of Washington? The Civ engine was never really good once there are only 2 or 3 Civilisations (anyone liked the American Civil War Scenario in Civ2?), that's why I think it was a wise decision to not even include the Civil War this time.

A scenario about Alexander the Great, featuring realistic immortals and a whole bunch of Macedonian units ! :)
There was a scenario about Alex in Civ2 (one of the few I completed) but I'd like to see it back in Civ3, enhanced to perfection.

I hope you guys realise that this is just a wish thread, as we're, like, three hours from the release date. :)
kryszcztov, there's a Alex scenario being done by Kryten and a bunch of others. Look 'ere.

Originally posted by Insigna
I think a Cold war conquest would be awesome. Especialy if it leads to a masive apocoliptic war. A Cold War game would be great and a World War I Conquest would be Awesome as well as Alexander the Great and Chinese waring states period. These should be in!

I was personally hoping for the Cold War scenario too. Maybe with an editor tweak to the nukes to make MIRVs, Planetbusters, etc. Have pretargeting of ICBMs... Too bad this is not the case.

@ mrtn : Thanks ! It's just that I haven't played a mod/scenario yet (have you heard of regional incompatibilities ?? :rolleyes: ), so I haven't browsed the mod/scenarios forums yet (except the main one). With my US version, things can rock again !! :)

I would like: WWI, WWII, american civil war, napoleonic wars, 100 years war, 30 years european war, a what if NATO and USSR declared war - war, all wars!!! :)

It's not too much asking is it? ;)

Originally posted by Doc Tsiolkovski

Isn't that Napoleonic Wars? :confused:

Or do you mean the sacking of Washington? The Civ engine was never really good once there are only 2 or 3 Civilisations (anyone liked the American Civil War Scenario in Civ2?), that's why I think it was a wise decision to not even include the Civil War this time.

no you could make it were there are maybe four regions of the south and four of the north and put them in a locked alliance.

Originally posted by Insigna

As MarineCorps eluded, the cold war wasn't really a war, but rather a massive arms stand-off. The main reason for the cold war was the massive build up of nuclear weapons by both sides, and the threat of mutually assured destruction. That is to say, neither side would launch, knowing full well that the other side could retalliate before the missles actually hit, thus resulting in the complete and total destruction of BOTH sides. This would be very hard to model in a turn-based strategy game, as the ICBM's, for instance, are lanched and detinated in the same turn, before the other side has a chance to retailiate.

But in which case, you could start from the end of WWII, and make no one have nukes and ICBM's, and race towards building them, etc.

Originally posted by fitchn

As MarineCorps eluded, the cold war wasn't really a war, but rather a massive arms stand-off. The main reason for the cold war was the massive build up of nuclear weapons by both sides, and the threat of mutually assured destruction. That is to say, neither side would launch, knowing full well that the other side could retalliate before the missles actually hit, thus resulting in the complete and total destruction of BOTH sides. This would be very hard to model in a turn-based strategy game, as the ICBM's, for instance, are lanched and detinated in the same turn, before the other side has a chance to retailiate.

Maybe some of us want to fight third world wars.... or start world war three ;) That's what the cold war is all about for Civ3 players heheh...

The War of Gallipoli -very hard to simulate but could be done..
The Rise of Islam - both Arabic and Turkish sides..
Vietnam
The Fall of Ottoman Empire and Turkish War of Independence

yeah Rise of Islam would be sweet

and it think Vietcong would love a Vietnam scen.

btw whatever happened to Viet, he got banned for like a week and never came back?

He's due to be unbanned the 23rd. ;) --Padma

Top Bottom