What decides the amount of religions? And how to set the amount?

anandus

Errorist
I wonder how the game decides how many religion are possible? Is this random or is it calculated by map size or amount of civs?

And is there a way to control it?

I was assuming it would be about half (or a bit more) of the amount of civs in the game, but it seems more like 80%-100% the amount of civs in a game.
I'd actually like to decrease the amount of possible religions, is this possible some how? I haven't seen an option in advanced settings.

It's determined by the amount of Civ's. There are enough religions potentially so that every civ can have one. However, once you reach industrial era (or renaissance maybe?) you can't get great prophets anymore naturally so it becomes a real ordeal to get a religion after that. I'm not sure if there is an option, if there is I am not aware of it. Also my experience have not gone above standard map size, so on huge maps with more Civs then there are "basic" religions I don't know what happens. (Wish I had a better processor so i could know!)

It's determined by the amount of Civ's. There are enough religions potentially so that every civ can have one. However, once you reach industrial era (or renaissance maybe?) you can't get great prophets anymore naturally so it becomes a real ordeal to get a religion after that. I'm not sure if there is an option, if there is I am not aware of it. Also my experience have not gone above standard map size, so on huge maps with more Civs then there are "basic" religions I don't know what happens. (Wish I had a better processor so i could know!)

No, not every civ can have one. There are only enough religions so about half of the civs can have one.

Top Bottom