1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What determines the number of archeological sites?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by BlakeTheDrake, Jul 6, 2014.

1. BlakeTheDrake

BlakeTheDrake Chieftain

I found myself wondering about this recently, when I ran a 'huge' map game with only 3 civs and a huge parcel of city-states, and noticed that there were very few archeological sites in the game. Little more than a dozen all in all. I even took Exploration, only to discover that the total number of 'hidden' sites was... two.

So I get the feeling that the number of sites isn't determined by the size of the map. So, what then? The entire game was peaceful - no wars were declared, not even on city-states. The only fighting was with barbarians... maybe that has something to do with it? Or does it just come down to the number of civs? If so, it doesn't seem like city-states has any influence...