What determines which two races are nominated for election?

trada

civ1 mod
Retired Moderator
What determines which two races are nominated for election? I'm a newbie Moo1 player and its trying me mad! Btw, I'm loving this game! I'm a civ1 player but the AI in this one is blowing me away!

EDIT: I've googled/gamefaq'd/RTFM etc but I can't find the answer to two more of my queries.

2) How do you know when your ships will be built? I can't find a measure of how many turns it will take.
3) Is there any way of finding out the year apart from Ship Production reports?

It is the two players with the most votes, rounded down. When you start a build on a planet, you will see the turns needed to finish. As you increase or decrease your percentage of the planets production, it changes.

It will change as the planet get more pop and factories. It will change as designs are cheaper due to miniturization, caused by new techs.

Ahh, thanks :) I still can't find where it exactly displays the turns needed to finish. There is a yellow 1 sometimes in the corner of the ship but it usually takes more turns then that..

EDIT: Eureka! It's the little black 14 y next to the relevant bar.

Interesting find in my current (and 3rd ever) game. "The Myrrams have been destroyed by the Myrrams." Suicide? o_0

I forget the scenario, but you see that fro,m time to time. Someone posted what happened not to long ago. I have not seen it in years.

Some quick answers:

- That little yellow number in the corner of the ship's picture is the number of ships you'll produce in the listed number of turns (the "listed number of turns," as you discovered, is on the right hand side of the Ships slider).

- You can find the year you're in by going to the "Races" screen and then choosing the "Status" button. The year will be listed in the upper left. The quick way to get here is to hit R S from the default screen.

- The "suicide" GNN report is the result of someone destroying a race's last colony via sporing from the combat screen. This is also known as the "sspin department" bug, a term originally coined by Blake in OSG 14.

- In general, basic answers to interface (and a few strategy) questions can be found at Sirian's tutorial page.

Top Bottom