1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Did you Achieve today?

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by Abaddon, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Deity

Highly impressive.

2. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

Got a new mouse, made a recording that's gonna earn me some money. :D Also wasted a lot of time on stuff that didn't depend on me.... :(

3. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Deity

My home had a mouse for about two weeks, then we caught him this weekend. Poor mouse, but we can't have that little guy running around our stuff.

4. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

Well, not exactly today, but over the past few weeks. Today, I achieved taking a crappy picture of some of the stuff and loading it up on imageshack! :woohoo:

The graph paper is 5 squares per inch (pain in my ass, where can I find metric-ruled graph paper?)

There are smaller super mushrooms in the works, but they ain't finished yet. Yes, I wear the giant super mushroom in public even though he's kind of crappy. And I've got about five pairs each of the fortune cookies, rubik's cubes, dice, pink ribbons, beaded stars, tetrahedra, and Christmas trees. I've given away at least a dozen pairs each of candy corn and candy canes. And the green counterpart to those purple grapes is almost finished, they're destined to become part of a set of wine glass charms. Some of the stuff looks like crap in this photo because I'm not a photographer but seriously it's all totally awesome.

Oh and the fortune cookies' fortunes actually have fortunes on them now. That took a little while to figure out.

5. Narz

Narz keeping it real

Holy schnit Lucy, you are talented! :bowdown:

The Mario mushroom is especially cool (you should make a green 1-up version :D). And the fortune cookies too, how did you make those?

I can't wait to see your chessboard & pieces. :)

As for me, I vaccumed upstairs, cleaned the kitchen & called the best looking ecovillage in the NorthEast today about work opportunities (called five others that didn't look as good yesterday), no answer though, I left a message.

6. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

Thanks Narz. :)

A lot of other NES items are in the works. They're super-easy because the originals are tiny little gridded sprites with three or four colors each, so any grid of colors can make a perfect replica. I'm also waiting on some more expensive Japanese beads (in the mail) that are more regular, for a better end product. See how that guy is all irregular on the ends? It's 'cause the beads are crappy and non-uniform.

Fortune cookies are crazy easy to shape. I'm sure you could find a how-to on the internets. Flat circle of polymer clay, fold, pierce, fire.

Chess is waitin' 'til after Jesusday, since I've got so damn much stuff to finish for then. But I'm lookin' forward to it. :)

7. Atticus

Atticus Deity Retired Moderator

Fifth of an inch is pretty accurately 5 mm, by eye you can't probably tell the difference.

8. Bigfoot3814

Bigfoot3814 Deity

Do the rubik's cube ones rotate?

Impressive work btw. :)

9. Mulholland

Mulholland Happy New Year!!!!

Wow! you're an unabashed geek. I thought you were interesting before but now I think I'm in love.:love:

10. Pokurcz

Pokurcz Emperor

I built a jumping platform from the balcony for the cat.

11. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Deity

It sounds as if you're encouraging your cat to commit suicide.

12. Junglecutter

Junglecutter Honorable Delegate

Finished XL chem and photography mid term (2 down, 5 to go)

13. JustinianVII

JustinianVII Prince

Wow, very nice. :goodjob:
    My accomplishments today...did reasonably well on an exam (I think), and managed to survive -20 degree wind chills going to and from said exam without frostbite...quite the day. :rolleyes:

14. Martacus

Martacus World's Greatest Warrior

Today, I wrapped my dad's Christmas present, and mended a broken relish tray and wine glass of my parents'--they had been accidentally broken about two or three years ago and thrown out; I retrieved them from the trash with the intention of fixing them, and never got around to it until this year. Superglue is a wonderful thing. :)

15. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Woke up again today... (5 AM not being an unusual time for ole me.)

@LucyDuke: Jesusday? Never heard of it being referred to that way. (So I guess I learned something today before 6 AM.):D

16. Bigfoot3814

Bigfoot3814 Deity

I must say, abso-freakin-lutely nothin'.

17. CCRunner

CCRunner Deity

Not me but:

An acquaintance of mine smoked a good amount weed this morning then came to school and found out he had two finals :lol: Managed to get around a 40% one and draw some nice pictures with the scantron on the other. Percentages are based on how he felt he did.

Personally, I think he was exaggerating-He's not that dumb. Probably two C's. But I report it as I hear it, so there you go.

Didn't know where exactly this goes. This is as good as any I guess.

18. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

Threw a shoe at the president.

19. GuitarHero

GuitarHero Caligula II

I have succeeded in hijacking GH's account. Hi CfC

20. Ansar

Ansar Détente avec l'été

Finished 2 more of my midterms... : /

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.