What do Ronin do?

Clown2TheLeft

Prince
What do Ronin do? That's my question. Is there a reason these units exist? They can't attack cities, yet their stats claim they're offensive units. Does anyone know the gig with these guys?

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

How did they make them unable to attack cities?
Do they have an attack value >0?

Ronin are the pre-ninja units in Sengoku. They are hidden nationality and invisible, so they can't attack cities.

So adding both Hidden Nat. and Invisible alone makes a unit unable to attack cities?

It wasn't like this in PTW, was it?

Originally posted by Tacit_Exit
So adding both Hidden Nat. and Invisible alone makes a unit unable to attack cities?

It wasn't like this in PTW, was it?

I think you only need Hidden Nationality to be unable to capture cities. Invisible just makes it so that only Yamabushi Warrior Monks can see it so the AI doesn't hunt them down.

I can understand not being able to capture cities using hidden nationality units, but it sucks that you can't even attack units in cities with them...makes them pretty worthless (even if they are really cheap)

I agree, robcheng, if you can't attack. However, its perfectly reasonable that they can't capture cities. Then the enemy would know what unit is doing that fighting.

And on top of that..the AI would be to dumb to fig it was you..even if the city turns to u.

So u can capture cities without causing war...would be to easy.

And i can't imagine this being otherwise in PtW :o

Originally posted by TerraHero
And i can't imagine this being otherwise in PtW :o

Hidden Nat. land units COULD take cities in PTW. Thats the main reason modding them in sucked, 'cos you could take an AI city without starting a war. Now that this has apparently been fixed, the mods will probably be overrun with 'em.

Bleh! Is this true? That sucks. Why do the programmers insist on hard coding everything? Why can't it be an option in the editor?

Hidden Nationality land units are great. You just have to make them underpowered and only available for a short space of time. Right now, in my current PTW game, I'm watching some border skirmishes between the Scandinavians and the French. The French are sending partisans (Hidden Nat) at the Scandinavians who are repelling them with their tanks. The French will never capture a Scan city because the partisans are not strong enough but they will certainly keep trying which makes the game fun. I'm afraid now the AI will build them rarely if ever because all they can do is raid some workers and pillage some tiles. Man this has the potential to be awful. This has the potential to keep me in PTW. You know how boring times of peace can be? Have a bunch of underpowered HN units and it's never boring.

If "invisible" is actually fixed so that the AI can't see your invisible units then great. But neutering the HN units stinks. I hope it's not true...

Top Bottom