1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you like to call your religion?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Commissar_Yari, Jul 15, 2012.

1. thadian

thadian Kami of Awakened Dreamers

Robert Fitzpatrick is someone you should check up on. He deserves a "funny religion" and i wouldn't know what to call it.

For those who follow the mayan prophecy, or our friend mentioned above, i would suggest something in reference to Cognitive Dissonance.

There is certainly a social force that has always existed which causes people to perpetuate apocalyptic stories that will happen in the future.

2. hlubik

hlubik Chieftain

Depends on civilization I'm playing game with. I'm using "Mayonnaise" as Mayan religion and "Mozartism" as Austrian religion.

3. shmily_dana

shmily_dana Warlord

As a Rush fan (the Canadian rock band), I will use Syrinx in at least one game.

4. fromar

fromar Warlord

I've taken to naming my religions nouns so I get the city state message "Venice wants...." Punctuation helps too.

Venice wants Mike Hawk!!!!

5. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Now why didn't I think of that? :hammer2:

6. afedyuki

afedyuki Chieftain

The Magic Dragon

7. Cargo Culture

Cargo Culture Chieftain

Michael Jackson or Jacksonism. It is obvious that MJ Wonderspams. :)

8. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

Venice wants Michael Jackson?
    That said, the next time I'll rename my religion Om.
    As in The Great God Om of Omnia.
    (Discworld)

9. Alphons Rodulfo

Alphons Rodulfo weakling

I try to think of new names every time. I named my religion 'Bob Ross' once. Imagining the fanatical fervour of its missionaries and the ruthless persecution of infidels by its inquisitors made me smile. It turned out to be a highly successful religion. I think I had a high level of global happiness all through the game because of Bob Ross.

In my next game I think I will found 'Paint-by-numbers'. Let's see if its followers can be even more zaelous.

10. Biebeltje

Biebeltje Chieftain

I always go for Alcoholism or Boobyism :D, Assholism, Fetisjism and Nudism are also favs of me :w00t:

11. animalguy

animalguy Ermahgerd

Even better when Isabella wants to be friends with you after happily adopting your religion

12. Remmert

Remmert Warlord

In the current game playing with The Maya, I spread The Apocalypse over the world.
    The last game with The Inca, I used Pachamama
    And in a game playing with the Dutch, I used The VOC Spirit (Dutch users would know what that means)

Other religions I used to spread over the world: The Plague, Damnation, DerkaDerka, Brown Streak and Juche (as Korea)

13. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I always forget you can rename your religion. I usually go with the appropriate defaults. But sometimes those are taken (there are usually many christian nations in the game).

My last 2 games I have used random leader and got both native american civs (Aztecs and Iroquios). I really had no idea which religion to choose. So I chose Zoroastrianism since that seems like a pagan religion.

14. Avatan

Avatan Warlord

Pauletheisme. My cat's name is Paulette.
    Loved the polyAtheism idea, got me thinking of what it would actually stand for, and I guess I like it.

15. Alphons Rodulfo

Alphons Rodulfo weakling

This is a good thread. It inspires the mind and pushes forward the boundaries of imagination. I had a blast with my latest religion, founded by Ethiopia:

When the game finished all but the other holy cities where converted. Good job!

My next religion will be .. Disco! So who is going to be be the best leader for that?

16. Synth

Synth Warlord

Im having a lot of fun with my religion, "weed, man". "Cahokia wants weed, man".

17. civmaster17

civmaster17 Chieftain

When England I choose buhdism and name Boatism

18. HappyCamelLicke

HappyCamelLicke Chieftain

Mein Führer.
    He sure gets alot of followers.

19. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

Divine waterfall - sacred rivers and happiness from gardens.

Cult of Cthulhu - Anything with God of the Sea, using the confucian symbol because it looks like tentacles.