What do you name your Rock Bands?

Mr. Shadows

Nomad of the time streams
This is inspired by the religion thread and I thought it might be fun. Personally, I name them after Jazz legends like Jellyroll Morton, Count Basie, Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong. Charlie Parker, Charles Mingus, John Coltrane and so forth. It doesn't matter what Civ I'm playing if I bother to name them that's what I do. What about everyone else?

I name them after the greatest Canadian band ever April Wine, but based on my luck with the random number generator I should be naming them Tragically Hip.

My first band is always called The Ace Conspiracy because that was the name of my band on Popmundo (and normally barely passes the first show). The other ones are just random.

I just click Random until I find something funny.

Mine all disband after one or two uses, so it seems pointless to name them as if they will be around for a while.

Mine all disband after one or two uses, so it seems pointless to name them as if they will be around for a while.

Somewhere on this site there's a break-down of the band's chances for having a successful show. Once they start leveling up they have a pretty good chance of lasting long enough to do real damage but you have to make a bunch of them for two or three to be successful. Most will get boo'd off stage before they level up substantially. On the other hand the ones that do survive will clinch your CV.

I use real-life band names from that country/rough geographical area unless the random name generator throws up a particularly ridiculous one.

The first one is always Phish.

Then maybe Grateful Dead, Talking Heads, Vulfpeck, Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Old Crow Medicine Show, Willie Nelson... just whatever bands I like.

Top Bottom