What do you plan to choose for your first game and why?

PerfectInzanity

Chieftain
Did not find a thread like this so starting one.

One of my outlets when waiting is just trying to relly think through the starting choices and starting play (its kinda almost like playing the game... kinda.. :D )

Plan:
Slavic Federation; Artist; Retrograde Thrusters; Machinery

Why:
* Slavic Federation so I can research Ecology and get a Miasmic Repulsor Going and then rush Computing and then steal my way to progress early and fast.
* Artist for the culture so I can rush Scavenging and start trying to farm aliens for science (with the principal of staying away from Red hostility (so once it's yellow I slow down and Orange means total stop for a while)
* Retrograde Thrusters because I usually go Tall so I usually want every city to be in the best location possible.
* Machinery to maximize my yield as fast as possible.

So what about you people?

Random, Random, Random, Random.

I'll be so whipped up into a frenzy by 10/24 at this rate I doubt I'll have the time to calmly think and decide on a leader/strategy. I just wanna get in.

Well, I was leaning towards Polystralia but they nerfed their UA according to the Maddjinn live-stream....so now I am thinking of going Apex Predator route.:

Brasilia, Aristocrats, Retrograde Thrusters, Weapons Arsenal; go Harmony with just a hint of Supremacy.

Why:
* Braslia 10% melee strength improves combat capabilities of all units except the artillery and ranged infantry; imagine 10% combat boost to Prime Xeno-Titan. :mwaha:
* Aristocrats provides energy to rush buy units, cover maintenance costs of all my new cities and health to keep from dipping too much into the negative penalties.
* Retrograde Thrusters so I can grab a good starting position to set up shop.
* Weapons Arsenal to aid in early exploring and base defense.

Plan:
* Grab Might virtues to farm aliens (using Harmony special ability to prevent them from going berserk, keep the farming going a long time) while building a couple of cities before switching to industry to start gearing up for military production (I need tanks, lots and lots of tanks).
* Conquer everybody else.
* This is my planet now. :mwaha:

This has changed several times over the past months and is still subject to change.

Sponsor: ARC
Planet: Archipelago/Atlantean
Biome: Arid
Spacecraft: Continental Scanner

Colonists: Artists
Cargo: hydroponics

Or

Colonists: Engineers
Cargo: Raw Materials

My strategy will be to beeline Computing and build the Spy Agency ASAP and to see if I can coup one of my neighbors while they only have one city. It may not pan out, but I feel like I need to try.

I will probably try a mid-low difficulty level first to get my feet wet.

I'm gonna go all random. Even with CiV, I usually go random. If after a few games, I have not used a Sponsor, I will select them.

Poly: Yes I know it was nerfed to +2 trade routes in capital. Trade is powerful. Lots of extra food and production between your own cities. Science and cash from international trade plus a diplomacy bonus.
Artists: I love the virtue system and I suspect I'll be doing strong culture starts more than other options.
Continental survey: Revealed coasts can open trade routes to coastal cities. So not only is general exploration dramatically improved but this lets me trade to capital cities/stations that land on coastlines without actually exploring to them.
Raw Materials: Starting with the Clinic will give me an early science boost.

My plan is:
ARC
Artists
Tectonic Scanners
Machinery

Initially im gonna research ecology then go into computers to grab the ultrasonic fences and then the spy agency asap. Ill try and play isolationist until this point and then use my spies to bolster my empire. Ill use my artist advantage to get my virtues up in the might tree that will boost my espionage rate. My free worker and tectonic scanner will quickly set up my new colonies..

Sponsor: Probably PAC (seems like a solid choise for the very first game)
Colonists: Artists (for more virtues)
Spaceship: Retrograde Thrusters (much better now with the extra FOW removal) or Continental Scanner (if it is a map with enough water)
Cargo: Machinery (Risky, but hey, gotta see if it's viable)

I will probably try a 3-5 city Prosperity/Knowledge game with Terrascapes. Those things just look so cool...
:mischief:

I don't get you all guys already knowing about all game numbers lol
I was researching BE news very closely until devs stopeed talking about general info and started providing exact numbers and exact tech lines/virtues whatever.

I wanna to know what the game is all about to buy it instantly due to it's awesomeness :D but I wanna my New World experience and Exploring Completely Alien Place to be as pure as possible.

Essentially, I am going to start my new game at full hardcore mode, I mean with no tutorials/charts/stuff/tips (especially as it is basically Civ5 in future lol) and with absolutely no knowledge what the hell is awaiting me (beyond general knowledge 'there are satellities espionage aliens ideologies and stuff!') so I will be able to be amazed by everything, be surprised by everything, truly discover the future and truly enjoy the game without this goddamn race for the best points/numbers.

Probably Asian corp, eventually African union. Probably Supremacy and Contact. Full options, no mercy, if I will be devoured by siege worms it's ok space colonization isn't going to be easy :D

Am I the only one?

Slavic Federation: Artists - Fusion reactor - Lab

First tech (like OP) Ecology, launch satellite for the free tech > Computing (Missile Rovers!)

Then towards the first affinity point for the marines > start busting skulls.

All the while filling in Tier 1 Prosperity.

Franco-Iberia, Artists, Retrograde Thrusters, Raw Materials and random map. I plan to push culture and science so get the most out of the sponsor bonus. I'll most likely go Harmony.

Sponsors I'm not sure about now that Polystralia has been nerfed. Probably Kavitha.

Artist colonists are a given.

Lifeform scanner if on a pangea or terran planet. This should prevent all accidental explorer losses.

Machinery.

Build order: explorer, earth relic, clinic, trade depot, trade unit (for the next station), colonist, trade unit (for the first colony).

Virtues: I'm attracted to Industry because I'm a builder at heart.

Strategy: first phase is expanding horizontally: spam colonists, internal trade routes, health enhancing buildings. Second phase is expanding vertically: build up other infrastructure and secure the borders.

Krajzen, I wish I was like that but curiosity gets the better of me!

Mine Will be - Franco Iberia, artists (or aristocrats), raw materials and whatever else takes my fancy. I will pursue supremacy.

I was really keen on Harmony before, but not so much now it seems like you can't actually be friendly with the aliens, just imitate them.

ARC, machinery, artists, tectonic scanner.
I won't pick an affinity until I figure out what's around me, and choose a victory accordingly.
I expect to be doing a lot of spying with ARC :D

Slavic, Artists, Weapons, Retro. Slavic slingshot technique for an expensive tech and a unit/wonder unlock. Probably purity. I'm a crazy builder, and the supercharged tile improvements are really sexy.

I put together a list for myself that lets me try out each faction in turn, hopefully with the right seeding choices to complement the Sponsor's UA. I'm not sure which faction I will try out first, but here's my initial thoughts:

ARC for Covert Ops game:
Virtues Stressed: Might & Knowledge
Colonists: Scientists
Spacecraft: Continental Surveyor
Cargo: Raw Material

Brasilia for Preemptive Strike game:
Virtues Stressed: Might & Production
Cargo: Weapon Arsenal

Franco-Iberia for Research game:
Virtues Stressed: Knowledge & broad Tier 1 picks
Spacecraft: Retrograde Thrusters
Cargo: Laboratory

KP for Expansionist game:
Virtues Stressed: Prosperity & Industry
Colonists: Refugees
Spacecraft: Retrograde Thrusters
Cargo: Laboratory

PAC for Wonders based game:
Virtues Stressed: Knowledge & Production
Spacecraft:Techtonic Scanner
Cargo: Hydroponics

Polystralia for Trading game:
Virtues Stressed: Prosperity & Might
Colonists: Aristocrats
Cargo: Machinery

SF for Satellite supremacy game:
Virtues Stressed: Might & Knowledge
Cargo: Raw Materials

PAU for Wide game:
Virtues Stressed: Prosperity & Industry
Spacecraft: Lifeform Sensor

Mind you these are just some WAG's off the top of my head so no doubt there are superior combinations out there, but that's what I'm going to use as a starting point with my initial games.

I put together a list for myself that lets me try out each faction in turn, hopefully with the right seeding choices to complement the Sponsor's UA. I'm not sure which faction I will try out first, but here's my initial thoughts:

Brasilia for Preemptive Strike game:
Virtues Stressed: Might & Production

Which map choice? Why Continental Surveyor over the Lifeforce Scanner?

Pretty sure my first game will be KP with Artists, Retrograde Thrusters, and the Lab, focusing on Knowledge and aiming for Harmony. (Might take some landing resets to nail a good one.)

Top Bottom