What do you really want to see in the new expansion?

Ajaccio

twinArmageddons
So today, for my birthday, I kind of really want more BNW news for the two remaining unknown civs more than most things. Is that weird? Just a strange confession. I want Italy and Canada/Navajo to be the two civs. What do hope to see in the newest expansion? Even if its a little rediculous. No judgment here.

I would like if they brought back vassal states/capitulation. That is the only major thing missing from Civ IV imo.

It doesn't really fit BNW but I feel the science victory needs to be changed as I usually go for domination or culture and if i can't win those ways then science is always a back-up. I like the changes so the diplo victory isn't like that very much compared to vanilla and G&K Also, no hate I was hoping for Vietnam but I think their out as Hanoi is still a city state..

in the same way they introduced tourism i would like they had introduced terrorism.

This thread can serve no further purpous, therefore it shall be terminated. Goodbye Dave

I would like if they brought back vassal states/capitulation. That is the only major thing missing from Civ IV imo.

I was going to say... Never understood why the decided not to include such a wonderful concept this time.

There are a number of things from Civ IV that should have been brought back. Vassalage, granting independence to colonies, random events, the option to have more than one leader for a given civ, putting signs on the map. . . .

in the same way they introduced tourism i would like they had introduced terrorism.

Okeey... how the f*** would terrorism work like tourism?

"You completed the Taj Mahal, this world wonder is so magnificent that it is attracting 2 terrorists per turn to your nation who want to blow it up."???

Allow you name certain pieces of land and water like in civ rev but to give suggestions or an option to let you make custom name.

Same thing I always want - a better AI. Everything else is just window dressing. The current AI isn't bad, but it's certainly not amazing - there's room for growth =)

I want colonies/vassals and civil wars back. I loved that colonies could break away in CIV. Made for some good games.

I do like what they're implementing, so I'll focus on stuff they haven't implemented.

I'm in with the colonies/vassals crowd. More specifically :

1) An AI to manage. Puppets serve a similar purpose, but with no control. Why can't I tell them to focus on food/production/science ? Any empire needs middle management I can yell at!

2) On the opposite end of the spectrum, the puppets should also present a challenge. Why aren't the listening ? Is it because they like the ideologies of the another culture ? Are they a flip risk ? They have the mechanic, but having a governor/former Civ leader I can interact with would make a big difference from an immersion perspective.

3) More visible ebb and rise of empires. I acknowledge there may be an ebb and flow to each empires power. The graphs don't tell the story. Make it easier for me to see whats going on. Who traded their way to power ? Who doesn't have critical resources ? How many units did my ally kill in our war ? Who got a lucrative peace deal that set them up for success ? Which AI got boned by barbarians taking their settlers ? A lot of this information can be gleaned from various sources, but I'd like to see an interface that makes it more apparent. As it stands we only see the obvious "they expanded like maniacs" runaways.

4) Random events. I'd happily play at lower levels if there were more challenges that I couldn't directly control. Some of the threads in this sub forum have great ideas on how to balance random events. I'd like to see random events become a setting similar to barbarians. None, normal, raging. As with point 2, its important that I see the impact of a random event on another Civ so I don't fall into "the AI is against me" trap.

1. Being able to label the map. Absolutely. Nothing would get more bang for the buck, immersion-wise, for me.

2. Colonies / Vassals. They're finally bringing city-flipping back in an interesting way, so that's a good start at least to more varied mechanics.

3. More diplomatic options. I want to be able to demand that Attila back his ships off as long as we're claiming to be "friends," or tell Wu Zetian to get her missionaries out of my territory, things like that. I'd also ideally like soft-power ways to do treacherous things like goading other civs into wars while keeping my own hands clean. That need not be easy - I'd just like it to be possible.

Top Bottom