Votes: 41 63.1%
  • That would be not just OK, but super!

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • None of the above options are anywhere close to what I think

Votes: 12 18.5%

• Total voters

wit>trope

Deity
An unmarried man has a daughter. An unmarried woman has a son. The man and woman marry each other. So the daughter and son are now like step sister step brother. Would it be OK, weird, wrong, healthy, good, etc. for the daughter and son to (presuming they are old enough etc) to marry each other? Or would that be like incest or what? :crazyeye:

Depends if the unmarried man and unmarried woman produced those children together. If not, then it is fine.

The son and the daughter are in no way related to each other, so I don't see a problem with them marrying.

It's assumed that they are not biological sister and brother -- like I said they are step sister, step brother :) I added a poll. Please vote :)

This is a hypothetical situation ... ;)

cierdan said:
It's assumed that they are not biological sister and brother -- like I said they are step sister, step brother :) I added a poll. Please vote :)

This is a hypothetical situation ... ;)

Depends what age the kids were when the 2 parents got married. If they were quite young it would be wierd because they should have developed an incest taboo toward each other eventhough they are not genetically related.

Interesting answer Mark. Unfortunately I can't seem to edit the poll to include that option, but that's OK :)

luceafarul said:
I can't see anything wrong with it. Here's to love: :beer: .
I'm all for biological promiscuity! :D

I think it's ok, nothing wrong with it really.

But it's not 100% entirely "normal".

I also agree with Mark. It's similar to adopted or foster children marrying their legal parents' biological children.

Ok... if they've met in later life. If the step-siblings have grown up in close proximity then I think its more debateable

I see no problem with it.

Greg and Marcia never had a problem with it either. Thats the way they became The Brady Bunch.

i think its fine, but think of their children. the poor things would get all confused about the relationships of their grandparents.

Top Bottom