Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or the gameplay

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Or the "Graphics"

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Mr Mcs

Chieftain
Please submit to this EXCELENT poll made by ME the great and Chr J, Autographs not included.

Originally posted by GenghisK
I can't answer since you forgot some options:
_ the latex doll that ships with the box
_ the nice box colors
_ a hair of Sid Meier that's also inside the box (talisman)
:D
Khanh, you're becoming very strange. ;)
You've been away from England too long.

Did you really leave out *my* option, namely Nostalgia? Oh well, I just have to settle for graphics then. As close to nostalgia you can get. :)

I'll go for graphics.
The graphics in Civ2 are just too distracting for me. In Civ1 you can more easily see what's going on and where the danger is coming from....

Voted gameplay, could have checked the rest as well.

Another thing that comes in mind, Civ I did not have an Overruling Senate, just send away the beggars and destroy them. Still a good reputation. :D :D :D

Hehe, i also liked attacking other nations without getting a bad reputation to other civs ... but civ3 (which i play now) is also okay ... even though i played it without any greater war till now...

Yes the graphics in Civ 2 are distracting. I hated the 3/4 view the second I saw it. You lose so much control like that. You can't tell which direction you are moving, you have one hell of a time trying to find which squares are within your city and which aren't.
You try to attack someone and you miss cause you push the wrong direction. It was so much simpler in Civ 1
It is too bad that civ 2 wasn't laid out like civ 1. With the better enemy AI and the new units it would be the best game in history. Instead, I would rather spend my days playing Civ 1, even with the kooky and cheating AI. However, now that i've learned all the cheats, I can even things up with the computer.

The gameplay in Civ 1 is great. The only annoying thing about gameplay is the AI asking for exorbitant sums of money in tribute. Of course, that just makes it more fun to destroy them:D

I voted the gameplay. Whenever I have a headache from complex strategizing in civ3 I go to civ1. Civ1 was simple, yet elegant and above all easy to control and had fun gameplay. I don't like the map grid though. The Isometric view is better because moving diagonal gives you the same distance as moving up where as in civ1 moving diagonal is the same as 2 moves(down and over) without diagonals.

Top Bottom