1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of Divisions, Corps, Armies and Army Groups ?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by kiwitt, Jan 3, 2010.

1. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

I am considering in Version 0.4x to revert back to just "Divisions" only. However, I would like some additional feedback before I commit to this significant change. I am not convinced this is a good idea, hence why I am asking.

One of the reason's I am considering it, is in part because of balance. Army Groups (especially the German ones) are very powerful and are virtually undefeatable, but this is counter-acted by their slow movement and rate-of-fire in comparison to the faster but smaller divisions.

I am not keen on changing as it would require a significant amount of re-work on the part of the Unitinfos file, however I am considering introducing unit upgrades to some units.

Like I said, I am not keen as it would significantly change the flavour of this mod as well.

2. fireclaw722

fireclaw722 Imperial Guard

I think that they are great, and changing them back wouldn't be as good. One way I had the Special divisions that are "undefeatable" is to make the normal Infantry *a little* stronger.

A suggestion:
    Divisions, Corps, and Army Groups are different unit classes.
    i.e:
    German Light Infantry Corps
    Upgrades to:
    German Medium Infantry Corps
    Upgrades to:
    German Heavy Infantry Corps

I might try this myself a little later. :p

3. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Thanks for your feedback.

What I do in my games is assign my Generals directly to the corps, armies and army groups. This will give two categories of units, those without generals and those with. Naturally the ones with are more powerful because they have more promotions.

4. fireclaw722

fireclaw722 Imperial Guard

No problem. After a while of messing with the UnitInfos and UnitClassInfos, stopped(I was bored and hungry:p).