What do you think of my Civ 7 Civ and Leader Picks?

What do you think?

• Total voters
Yeah thats what I have always been saying, the idea of various visual representations of a civ, thats why having female leaders and all the varieties are essential, apart from sheer comparison of "greatness". Thankyou for finally finding that out.
My point is never to hold a "China's next Top Model" or sth.

Why do I have a feeling that you didn't get my point at all? You're looking at leaders as genders, not individuals. At least admit that the emperors I am showing you have different visuals even though they are all male. You don't have to be a woman to be different-looking.

Why do I have a feeling that you didn't get my point at all? You're looking at leaders as genders, not individuals. At least admit that the emperors I am showing you have different visuals even though they are all male. You don't have to be a woman to be different-looking.

As genders and as individuals. They are inseparable characters that define a person. (At least for a historically dead person)

At least admit that the emperors I am showing you have different visuals even though they are all male. You don't have to be a woman to be different-looking.

If that is admission of their difference, surely you will have it.

And whatever how differently they may look, they are not giving the elements that the opposite gender offers: difference in dressing, language, etiquette, etc. One cannot separate the gender from an individual, if they are looking for true diversity.
(The illustrations of the chinese fashions were partially meant to support this idea, although its mainly because you invited me to google, but they are not the core of our discussions.)

It is the same pursuit for leaders of different genders as well as leaders from different eras.

For example, why picking Ivan IV but not Peter the Great, when the later one surely had a more drastic impact on modern Russia (Because Peter was ruling an empire but Ivan was ruling a Tsardom)?
It is because Peter represents an era of imperial Russia, while Ivan the Terrible represents the Tsardom.

It is not entirely related to the leader's achievements, but a reason of creating diversity.
You can't say that it is "era-ist", I suppose. Likewise, the case of choosing a certain gender is not really "sexist".

Therefore, going back to the track, I see no harm in picking a gender-specific leader. The reason is not simply because he/she is male/female, but because he/she offers a diversity in dressing, languages... blah, blah, blah, which is, unfortunately&undeniably, gender based. This is not a blind pursuit of gender balance, I supposed.

Last edited:
As genders and as individuals. They are inseparable characters that define a person. (At least for a historically dead person)

If that is admission of their difference, surely you will have it.

And whatever how differently they may look, they are not giving the elements that the opposite gender offers: difference in dressing, language, etiquette, etc. One cannot separate the gender from an individual, if they are looking for true diversity.
(The illustrations of the chinese fashions were partially meant to support this idea, although its mainly because you invited me to google, but they are not the core of our discussions.)

It is the same pursuit for leaders of different genders as well as leaders from different eras.

For example, why picking Ivan IV but not Peter the Great, when the later one surely had a more drastic impact on modern Russia (Because Peter was ruling an empire but Ivan was ruling a Tsardom)?
It is because Peter represents an era of imperial Russia, while Ivan the Terrible represents the Tsardom.

It is not entirely related to the leader's achievements, but a reason of creating diversity.
You can't say that it is "era-ist", I suppose. Likewise, the case of choosing a certain gender is not really "sexist".

Therefore, going back to the track, I see no harm in picking a gender-specific leader. The reason is not simply because he/she is male/female, but because he/she offers a diversity in dressing, languages... blah, blah, blah, which is, unfortunately&undeniably, gender based. This is not a blind pursuit of gender balance, I supposed.

oh ok. Actually, men are different from one another. For instance, the more masculine Julius Caesar offers a different vibe than the more intellectual Augustus Caesar.
Basically, you just prefer the female gender. Period.
Nothing wrong with that. Its your opinion.
I personally prefer competence and interesting personalities (with a disregard on gender) and that is my opinion.

Top Bottom