What do you think of psychic abilities?

galdre

Emperor
I use the term loosely to refer to any claims regarding the ability to read minds, see into the future, communicate with the dead, etc.

What do you think of such claims? Do you feel you have, or know anyone with, any such abilities?

I don't believe in them at all. We may have some abilities we are not aware of, but they are not magic or supernatural.

Nope. It's very much a blind squirrel finding a nut type of deal layered with vague predictions/generalities.

btw this thread was started because Dommy claimed in another thread that he could read minds... so I'm interested for Dommy to elaborate further

I've neither seen nor heard of repeatable proof for any of it. If anyone could reliably read minds, they'd have enough of an advantage to rule a country (knowing what one's political opponents are thinking) or become incredibly rich (knowing what one's commercial opponents are thinking). Ditto with reliably seeing the future - all those fortune-tellers, and not a one with a winning lottery ticket or longshot sports bet paying off?

It is entirely possible (albeit not likely) that such human abilities are akin to neanderthals starting fires - they might do so accidentally or coincidentally, without understanding how they managed it and unable to repeat it on demand, and without the scientific framework to even explain the concept.

:lol:

I was kidding.

I learned something new though, that people actually believe this sort of thing.

If anyone seriously believes they can read minds, they've probably been in contact with demons.

I believe in Eagle Vision.

:lol:

I was kidding.

I learned something new though, that people actually believe this sort of thing.

If anyone seriously believes they can read minds, they've probably been in contact with demons.

I didn't say I believed you, only that you made the claim :)

As for my own beliefs, I am purposefully withholding them...

I didn't say I believed you, only that you made the claim :)

It seemed to me like you believed that I believed it.

I frequently make such claims IRL to mess around, and nobody believes them...

Well, I convinced my brother's friend I was an assassin from the government, and he's 13:lol:

Every so often, I like to think I have psychic powers.

For about an hour or so anyway. Then I put away the d20 and find something productive to do.

They're complete BS.

I knew the responses to this thread would make me laugh, and they have... I must be psychic

I knew the responses to this thread would make me laugh, and they have... I must be psychic

While I empathize with you, it seems every one has the same dull answer.:mischief:

Top Bottom