What do you think the best Civilization is in CivIII?

persia, and it has the most votes.

jags are only good for keeping happiness and exploring. I sent 9 jags to attack a regular spearman on a grassland and the spearman won all of them with 2 health left.

would you rather have an army (like immortal) of three guys split up(like jags)?

the french are good in games that i dont kill them they sometimes become very powerful. they are like carthage in almost every way.. except theyre uu is more modern. it still has the +1 attack so they are very similar.

P.S. i just tried a test on atime map with loads of jags. i got wasted. i had 6 cities and was makeing about 2-3 jags a turn i had 12 and i managed to take on city then i got my empire destroyed

What the Jags are really good at is pillaging improvements, razing undefended cities, snagging workers and executing settlers. Granted, all of those actions are more terrorism than combat, but they can screw up an AI's growth and production early...other than that, they're hopefully barbarian proof scouts at best.

I'd have to say my fave is the Ottomans. I dislike the Persians early UU and usually get the same GA anyway by building the Pyramids and GL.

Dont laugh but i think that the best is the French. I love being able in late-game to build railroads in 1 turn. and commercial gives me the extra economy boost, which means i can buy more techs from other civs. :king: :whipped: :queen:

I really like the french aswell, they are really good, and theri UU i find is more useful than the carthaginian UU, since more wars happen later in the game than that early on

The English or Carthiginians. I'm not sure why I like England, But they bring me good luck. Like Sukenis I always seem to crush the french in the early part of my game.

Persia or Greece - those UUs seem to last forever, Hoplites until I get Riflemen and Immortals until I get Cavalry (and beyond, really). Both are scientific which is my favorite trait. Commercial isn't that good - can't play eg the French, I get creamed - but it's good when matched with scientific.

I have a fondness for the Celts. I agree with Sun-Pin. The Gallic swordsman is fast, has a strong attack, a decent defence and comes early enough in the game to crush the competition. Immortals have a one point advantage in offense but the Celts can swarm all over them with hit and retreat tactics and easily blunt any attack. They make good "fast response" defenders for that reason. Their speed also makes them great for rapidly swooping into an opponents territory and pillaging his iron/horse resources and lux. This can cripple his ability the resist the hordes of fast moving swordsmen. Of cou

Perisa.... Easily persia....

Industriest & Scientific with an awesome ancient UU. Take the land you need in the ancient ages.... then mass up economy.... and just run over the AI's....

I've yet to lose a game as them.

Earlier in this thread I said that I didn't think that the Egyptian UU was any good, but since then i've tried it and i have to agree that it is quite useful although it gives you a ridiculously early GA. But it is all in all a very good unit if you catch em before they get spearmen, then you need a lot of them.

Rome. Legions stacked with catapults are invincible.
Immortals and Mounted can be thrown back. The rest of the early uu's cannot touch them.
But best? Small -Aztecs. Standard- Rome.

The Carthaginians, definitely. They have the two best civ. traits IMHO, and, unlike the French who have the same traits, they have a fantastic UU. C'mon, a 2.3.1 instead of a 1.2.1! Besides, anything is better than the French Muskestman!

Persians and Ottomans are also good. Great civ traits and some of the best UUs in the game! (Go Sipahi!!)

I vote for the Chinese for the Rider. Mobility is more important than firepower, the middle age GA is just right for building those important wonders. Also your workers build roads roads faster, and you have more chances of generating GL during battle because of more elites.

Top Bottom