"What do you want MOST from the next patch?"

How about getting the AI to actual use it's units with just the tiniest degree of tactical coordination and sense. It is particularly bad with archer units. I have never once had a Keshik shoot at one of my units, even when they were just parked across a river doing nothing else but standing in front of their city.
:confused:

Fix the hopelessly bad AI. Nothing else matters until the AI is fixed. I doubt that's ever gonna happen though.

Fix the hopelessly bad AI. Nothing else matters until the AI is fixed. I doubt that's ever gonna happen though.

true the ai needs to most work its the foundation of the game.

Multiplayer that isn't sh*t.

Diplomacy.

I could care less about multiplayer. I want the Diplomacy AI and the Happiness cheats the AI has fixed.

How about some really basic stuff, like saving preferences. Most notably, quick combat disabled, build queue open, and citizen management open.

Just get rid of the friggin' destroy CS quest.

And for whatever reason, the game gets slower (particularly unit movement) over time and can only be sped back up via a reboot. Quitting and reloading the game doesn't solve the problem.

Just get rid of the friggin' destroy CS quest.

This.

And for whatever reason, the game gets slower (particularly unit movement) over time and can only be sped back up via a reboot. Quitting and reloading the game doesn't solve the problem.

Not new. It happened for long Civ4 games too.

Think they've all been mentioned, but hey. I'd prioritise things that can't as easily be fixed by mods

- Savegames sorted by date/time. So easy to change but such a lifesaver

- Diplomacy really needs to be finished. Could do with a few more positive modifiers for trading etc, and could do with time-limited DoFs and denouncements. And diplomatic penalties for razing and nuking.

- Allow some stacking for non-combatants only (even just 2upt). No real practical bearing on anything, but just makes worker movement a lot less hassle (still only one worker improving a tile at a time). The game system and the UI can easily handle 2 non-combatants per tile.

- The AI, particularly in regard to number and placement of cities.

- Along with that, less AI happiness bonus on higher levels, but more bonuses of other types to compensate.

- Fix stealth bombers to get promos. Pretty minor, but it bugs me disproportionately.

- Map labeling would be lovely

- Some optimisation would be grand

If you want to save custom game options:

- open civgameoptions.xml (or the very similar one, I dont remember now)
- add the following line under the option you want to be permanently checked:

<Default>1</Default>

I started making a list but basically it comes down to this:

-AI

And this includes diplomacy AI. Or at least make the MP playable, so we can just skip the whole AI deal.

No. It's just too frequent. Tone it down and I'd be happy.

No, its a bad quest. It's pretty much begging for other powers to come in and stomp your face into the ground.

Smarter AI
Improved diplomacy (Your friends have found reason to denounce you")
Reduced maintenance costs
Happiness yield of colosseums and theaters increased
Production speeds increased
Research speeds reduced (It should not take longer to build a worker than to research a technology)
Bugs
All of these things are of equal importance.

Definitely I want the AI fixed. They are just too damn stupid and the fact that they "play to win" really destroys diplomacy. They're computers, not humans.

After an attempt to play Civ5 again what I really want from a patch is QUICK MOVES, QUICK COMBAT and DON'T SHOW AI MOVEMENT AND COMBAT!

Do I really need to see a barb galley bombarding an AI-scout fifteen turns in a row? :mad:

Top Bottom