what do you want to see in Batman 3?

No, there's more to Robin than merely being Batman's sidekick. He is a teenager who is rather naive and idealistic, for whom Bruce Wayne is a mentor in his "civilian" role as well as in his Batman role. If Batman were to acquire a sidekick who is a cynical middle-aged man with a drug problem and family of four to support, that wouldn't be Robin.

Scrap the middle-aged and there's no contradictions.
Robin could be a teenaged drug-addict with a child. A very clicheed and offensive depiction of a black youth growing up in the ghetto. The twist ? He's white !

I'm half-kidding. Robin the child/teenage-sidekick would be very hard to pull off in a such serious and dark movie. The above version could work, but might as well turn out too angsty and annoying.

well the only comic book (I read) that ever did a decent sidekick was x-men imho, even before the joss whedon-kitty-spidey stuff wolverine and shadowcat had a very uncreepy sidekick relationship which might be due to shadowcat's defensive powerset and Logan's penchant for ultra-powered red-heads and dead asians.

Robin is really just a wannabe-bats or a miniature bats that dons colours and gets himself caught.

in the past comics the readers wanted robin dead.

I want a very good, psychologically intense, active, SENSIBLE plot line with no obvious stupidities
Spoiler :
Like the situation with the barges in the second one. In real life, both buttons get pressed within a few minutes.

How do you know that? And isn't the fact that you might expect people to behave badly in such a situation, when in fact they don't, kind of the whole point of that part of the film? The Joker is right to think he can corrupt Harvey Dent, but he is wrong to think he can do the same thing to ordinary people.

Scrap the middle-aged and there's no contradictions.
Robin could be a teenaged drug-addict with a child. A very clicheed and offensive depiction of a black youth growing up in the ghetto. The twist ? He's white !

Yes. But he still can't be middle-aged. That's enough to establish the point I was making, which is that for a character to be Robin requires something more than merely being Batman's sidekick. He also needs, at least, to be young.

In the current comics Robin has evolved past being a sidekick and is more less his own Super Hero with his own(mostly crappy) villains.

So it's possible to be Robin without even being Batman's sidekick. In other words, being Batman's sidekick is neither a sufficient nor a necessary condition for being Robin. Although I suppose that being, having been, or going to be Batman's sidekick at some point is a necessary condition for being Robin.

How do you know that? And isn't the fact that you might expect people to behave badly in such a situation, when in fact they don't, kind of the whole point of that part of the film? The Joker is right to think he can corrupt Harvey Dent, but he is wrong to think he can do the same thing to ordinary people.

I'm just saying that that is extremely idealistic. Both ordinary people and people higher up the ladder can be corrupted by the same things. I've seen this before, I've been at the butt of people choosing themselves over everything else, albeit on a smaller scale. I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. But all my experiences so far point to my conclusion as being correct.

And, to keep this OT, I'll add that I'd like a decent soundtrack to the film. The ones used in the first two were OK, but they were so monotonous.

err, in this case, OT stands for On-Topic

Top Bottom