1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you want to see in Civ6 MP?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by CanuckSoldier, Sep 16, 2016.

1. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

Due to the lack of any released info on Multiplayer for Civ6, I'm going to lean forward and suspect that MP is still being developed in the last month before release. So I would like to give the developers a thread that they can focus on to see what us Civ fans want to see in Civ6 MP.

Myself I'll start this off with a short list of what MP needs.

1. Highly stable p2p MP code, that is optimized to only transmit what is needed, and what does need to be transmitted each turn is secure and can't be intercepted and modified.

2. We need a variety of MP mode options, standard simultaneous turns,classic turn based mode, PBEM, pitboss, hotseat, OCC, FFA games, team games....

3. Full and robust support for MP mods and scenarios, that are both equal to SP mods and securely transmits data on the mod to all players.

I'm sure I have not listed everything. And it is imperative that we do not repeat the disaster that Civ3PTW and Civ5 were for MP. So please contribute and hopefully we can aid in at least identifying what we want so that is clearly defined for the devs.

CS

2. Biz_

Biz_ Prince

team-based sequential turns

team A takes all their moves simultaneously
    then team B takes all their moves simultaneously

3. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

A system that allows people a little more time to reconnect before dropping out of the game. In my limited experience with V multiplayer, I remember dropping out of games very easily, even on games with friends, even for slight glitches. With the way civ works though, I imagine it should be able to save your spot in a multiplayer game, and maybe have you be played by a computer if you drop out, and allow you to re-control your civilization if you get reconnected? It would just make completing a game much less frustrating, because I remember us reloading saves a lot.

4. Penry

Penry Chieftain

Agree with all the above.

In addition, player 1 with X DLC Civ/Leader should be able to play with it in a MP setting, even if player 2.3 and 4 don't have the DLC.

5. shyPiano

shyPiano Prince

Hot Seat from day 1. That's all I want and need.
    I want to play with my brother!

6. trendy

trendy Chieftain

Some kind of ranking/ladder and penalties for leavers. Doubt they'll happen, but I want them.

7. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Hot seat from Day 1, Mod Support for MP and Hotseat, AND, Scenario Support for MP and HOtseat (i.e plya Fall of Rome in Hotseat)

8. bookman_

bookman_ Chieftain

I just want to be able to do something while the others player turn, just look at my demographics and cities info.

9. anandus

anandus Errorist

That's already possible in Civ 5? (at least in simultaneous and hybrid mode).
    This. So much this.
    Quitters should be penalised, nothing hurts multiplayer games more than quitters.

And I want the possibility for mods without hassle. Mods in Civ 5 for multiplayer games are a big hassle, plus they tend to destabilize the game quickly (often because of desyncs).

10. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

Hotseat it's the only mp I've played

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

11. metalhawk

metalhawk Chieftain

I think CanuckSoldier covered it fairly well.

From my perspective, even more stable WRT OOS issues (V handled this a little better than 4 with autoload, but any attempts at modding often run into huge issues).

But thorough and robust mod support is the most important (after just making sure the game experience is smooth).

12. GauntZero

GauntZero Warlord

For me, clearly the most important MP mode is and ever has been Hot Seat.
    For me, most other MP modes are just not efficient to play over a longer period of time.

Every other MP mode is a bonus, but no must.

13. Acken

Acken Deity

No lag no crash no drop.

Its 2016.

14. Magil

Magil Monarch

Pitboss.

15. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Prince

This, absolutely.

And sorry if this is stupid question, but what's up with the hotseat thing? Do I understand it correctly that it means playing MP from a single computer? I remember doing that long ago, but I thought it died with internet :confused: Or?

16. Acken

Acken Deity

Yes this is what hot seat is. Some people still use it apparently.

17. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Well-built scenario maps for quick, action-packed matches.

Particularly maps that are designed in a way that the "best" expansion slots are exposed and at the center of the map, while there's more secure, but weaker spots further away, and somewhat save thanks to more difficult to take terrain.

18. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

I'd like to see Hybrid made more usable; eg, able to manage your economy when it isn't your military turn and shorter turn timers for military turns.

19. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

I doubt you see a developer do this, but you can join http://www.myleague.com/civ6players/ and I'll give you exactly that...

CS

20. E_T

E_T Chieftain

Pitboss that both allows headless servers as well as implementing war turn rules (turn timer split, opponents get one or other) to prevent double moves and all of the headaches associated with trying to do it manually.

Also when game admin increases timer, it takes effect during the turn being played (timer decrease should start next turn).