What does "City Development" mean for Al Falah?

When you open the build queue in a city, at the bottom, there are city development options that convert production to science, culture food etc? Al Falah gets a better conversion rate, ie more science per production etc...

Well, that's what I wanted to know too...and now that I know what it means, it seems kind of lame, a late-game sort of benefit.

It's actually one of the strongest traits out there. In fact, it's so strong that it's probably better for this faction to just start converting science during the mid game instead of getting T2 buildings. Also really good to boost pop of a city via food conversion.

It's actually one of the strongest traits out there. In fact, it's so strong that it's probably better for this faction to just start converting science during the mid game instead of getting T2 buildings. Also really good to boost pop of a city via food conversion.

yes it's one of the best trait. Focus on industry, get a lot of manufactury, get those building out, focus on food or/and science. mid game, you can already have 40 science/food from the lv3 trait.

Is this similar to your Personality Trait perks under Political called "Ambitious" where you can get +10% conversion rate for City Developments (level 1), +20% conversion rate for City Developments (level 2), and +30% conversion rate for City Developments (level 3)?

It is similar and Ambitious stacks as far as I can tell. It's fantastically strong. Its main use is for Agricultural Development - centralize routes into a single high-production city and never turn off Agri Dev. Buy every building in that city. The Science Conversion is tops, too, of course, but it's just not as sexy. Not sure how a hard driving Al Falah game might look like - no science building above Labs and Obs?

Well, I guess I'll have to try it out with some of these strategies then.

Is this similar to your Personality Trait perks under Political called "Ambitious" where you can get +10% conversion rate for City Developments (level 1), +20% conversion rate for City Developments (level 2), and +30% conversion rate for City Developments (level 3)?

Yes, Al Falah's trait and Ambitious enhance the same thing, and with both traits fully upgraded, Al Falah can convert 80% of a city's hammers into science, culture or food.

It seems that Al Falah would synergise greatly with the +4 energy per city choice. Build agricultural or science development, and use the +4 energy per city towards purchasing your buildings.

Top Bottom