1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What does the Avatar of Wrath do?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by fdrpi, Feb 28, 2012.

1. fdrpi

fdrpi Prince

In every source I've read, he converts a bunch of units into barbarians. I've also read he teleports them to his location.

But when he appears in my games, he just makes a whole bunch of units enraged instead.

Why is there that inconsistency?

2. CyberForte

CyberForte Chieftain

I believe that, in previous versions of FfH, the enraged promotion had the effect of making units have a good chance of going barb, instead of its current effect. Thus, the effect changed with the promotion change, but the sources are likely from an older version.

3. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Yep .... they only used to turn barbarian ;)

4. fdrpi

fdrpi Prince

Thank you! Although I must say the Avatar's effect is kind of lame, not nearly as cool. I mean, it's not very original (2nd Horseman already does the same type of thing). It'd be nice if there was some unique thing it did.

Speaking of the end of the world, what exactly happens in Erebus? The message seems to imply that it's Agares effectively controlling the world. But, Tebryn and Gabella act like Armageddon will actually end the world, as in make Erebus go boom. Especially Gabella, because that's the only way she could die.

And why do no sources acknowledge that the real final part of the Apocalyptic Warnings is at 100 when all the bad stuff happens, not at 90 with Avatar. Is it the same reason?