1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What dream did you have recently?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by xwyhzol, Dec 14, 2019.

1. xwyhzol

xwyhzol Chieftain

Fun task:

1. Goto sleep with a question on your mind (no need to focus on it - just deeply want an answer.)

2. Your mind will manifest an answer, if capable.

3. The dream will be in a personified format (look carefully at the symbols and signs to see it relates to your question). It (the answer to your question) should be easy to register, the dreams are made especially for your mind.

Dreams are meant to...

1. Refresh, recalibrate, etc.

2. Enlighten, entertain, etc.

Post dreams you've had recently!

2. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

I had a dream recently that I was doing a virtual reality tour of Chicago with my father. But then suddenly we were really in Chicago, and trying to find a nice hotel. He got me a high floor suite, but I realized I had no luggage - so I had my suitcase ordered to be delivered from home. But then I realized it was empty, so I had to go shopping for clothes. Then I saw my brother-in-law was having a beach party for something, and I wanted to go, but I didn't have a swimsuit. So now I'm shopping for that, and I'm doing so at restaurants for some reason. And then I realized there's a perfect store at the airport, so we tried to go, and you had to pay at a booth thing to get a ticket to park your car (previously we'd been riding around in taxis) I think that's about when I woke up.

Didn't make much sense, but I do need to get a new swimsuit top before next weekend. I'm wondering if part of my dream was because I've been joking lately about @rah adopting me as his daughter, and he lives in Chicago. Daddy, we can probably say that was you in my dream last night, lol!

3. xwyhzol

xwyhzol Chieftain

Sweet.

I liked how you read it.

Perhaps it is related to that - let it be your guide.

(In my dreams cars/vehicles symbolize hard problems; you woke up where you pay the toll? On a bridge? Perhaps it really was especially made for your joke with @rah, the setting of your next joke - you know it better than I - truly study this imagery, sounds interesting!!!).

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    MaryKB likes this.
  4. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I dreamed I was getting lunch with a bunch of ex-coworkers that I'm still good friends with like in the old days. I woke up sad and nostalgic.

5. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

Sometimes I dream about cheese.

Snerk likes this.
  6. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

It's a dream! You don't need a swimsuit! :wallbash:

7. Narz

Narz keeping it real

The other night I dreamed I was gonna go on a spaceship, not sure where it was headed. It was kind of exciting but at the last minute I'm like "wait a minute, I don't want to be stuck in a tin can in the sky w/ no gravity & all the negative effects of that. Anyway the ship was about to go up from the middle of the ocean (don't ask how that makes sense) and I knew this girl I liked was nearby (off on the coast of where this ship was gonna go up) so I was trying to figure out how to escape the ship & get ashore to meet her. I was having mixed feelings as the inside of the ship was so cool & high-tech & I was with some people I liked & I knew it would be an adventure but it was like almost going on this adventure was enough for me to appreciate the majesty of Earth nearly left behind.

8. aimeeandbeatles

Dream logic is its own special brand.

9. Thorgalaeg

Thorgalaeg Deity

Yesterday i dreamed a nuclear strike was happening . It was kind of weird because first i saw a cloud of dust moving quickly at the horizon, then i looked for a way to explain it and the idea it could be the shockwave from a nuclear explosion came to my mind, immediately i saw the mushroom cloud in the distance and a second one appeared further away. Meanwhile the shockwave approached and finally reached us just at the moment the alarm clock went off and i then i woke up.

Beyond the meaning of such dream (apparently dreaming of nuclear strikes indicates fear to lose everything you have achieved) it is funny as our mind builds the dream on the fly, trying to find an explanation to whatever is happening and then making it happening, even incorporating real world noises into the dream, synchronizing the story so it makes sense, and apparently predicting what is going to happen somehow. It looks magic.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    hobbsyoyo likes this.
  10. xwyhzol

xwyhzol Chieftain

I have similar dreams, I've even had a small Sun explode (which ended with the illusion our Sun was going to explode as I woke up).

I'd say it's meaning was more open than closed.

Perhaps your dream was telling you something about that day or, since it seems to be your most vivid dream, at the moment - this day.

I'm not one for token, dream dictionary meanings, but whatever floats your boat(it subtracts you from the dream like these things mean the same every time that they occur, and have some closed value).

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Thorgalaeg likes this.
  11. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

I was in charge of defending the last remnants of humanity and a cute high elf hiding inside a mini mall located in an underground bunker from an invasion of old ladies and children with pet cats and dogs. And no matter how much I shot them they just wouldn't die. They wouldn't die.

So the vermin just overran everything. Cats got into the closets, the tiger scratched up all the wallpaper and things just went down from there.

Not a happy dream that was. Humanity was lost that day.

xwyhzol and Thorgalaeg like this.
  12. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I often have dreams of nuclear annihilation but they're always fun dreams for me. It's usually feel something between awe at the spectacle or excitement that I'm going to get a shot a being king of the wasteland.

Thorgalaeg likes this.
  13. aimeeandbeatles

A few years ago had a dream where my computer went up in a nuclear fireball and my dream-self was like "well that's annoying."

Thorgalaeg likes this.
  14. Thorgalaeg

Thorgalaeg Deity

My dream was not unpleasant either, it was a bit scary but also fun and somewhat relaxing. It happened just after the sunset and the sky was strangely beautiful. I had similar scary/fun/relaxing dreams before, usually about alien invasions and such with the sky full of moving lights (UFOs) but this was the first one about nuclear annihilitaon.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  15. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I rarely remember the darn things. I'll try harder to dream tonight and remember it in the morning.

16. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

A few months ago, I had dreams for weeks in which I was a spy, an undercover cop, and sometimes even a virtuous hit man. :sniper: lots of daring do. :yeah:

17. xwyhzol

xwyhzol Chieftain

Possibly to do with masturbation, energy drinks and vice.

If you're reduced to psyche your genitalia is more a guiding tool, able to pull your senses easily, and part of dreaming is having your senses pulled/pushed along.

18. xwyhzol

xwyhzol Chieftain

Yeah dreams are like little stories where you are central, protagonist like. What's going on around you is often some truly deep meaning at the rate at which you are reading the dream, to be read, and moved on from.

They are often just a great shape with crazy/cute texture.

19. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

Dreams are what your conscious mind makes of the charge flows through your neurons that are occurring at the moment you wake up. Those charge flows are unstructured and basically incoherent because they are just the dissipation of accumulated charges into the "charge sink" of melatonin that is provided when you sleep. So, yes, that awakening consciousness will try to impose order on the incoherence by creating "little stories," and like any other creation your consciousness provides they may be useful. But they are basically instantaneous, and only have a temporal progression because you are "reading" the memories of that instant.

Training yourself to "read" them is one option that will tend to lock in that memory. Training yourself to ignore that moment of "reset clutter" is another and will tend to leave the memory clearer for tasks you may find to be more useful. Either is a valid approach to the situation.

Moriarte likes this.
  20. aimeeandbeatles

I read in a book that the reason your dreams often make perfect sense until you wake up is because the portion of your brain that handles the logic and fact-checking (prefrontal cortex, I think?) has diminished activity during REM sleep. It was an old book though so this might be outdated.