1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] What Earth map is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by MaryKB, Mar 8, 2019.

1. MaryKB

MaryKB Vice Princess Supporter

I'm sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place, but I've been struggling to find what I'm looking for on Google or Steam. I've rarely ever used the Workshop, and I'm really confused by maps I'm reading, but I know I've seen so many of you talking about real Earth maps.

Do you play on any that are really huge, that let you have like almost every civilization, and are set up for Gathering Storm? I feel like I'd so much love to play that, now that most of the world is all filled in with peoples, it'd be so amazingly fun. But everything I'm finding is very old, do you know of one that has new features and volcanoes and such?

2. Janskey

Janskey Chieftain

Yet (not) Another Maps pack by Gedemon et al. is good, but it's not yet fully updated for Gathering Storm. Most of the stuff works, though there can be some issues. Ludicrous size is fun, but pretty taxing on your system - need lots of VRAM (and something to read while waiting those late game AI turns to process).

Mr. Shadows likes this.
  3. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Another vote for YnAMP. Giant Earth is the one I usually use for TSL.
    Europe still might end up crowded but you could run virtually every other civ and still have plenty of space.

Mr. Shadows likes this.
  4. ninepax

ninepax Chieftain

I play on the map of TSL Earth Remastered mod (Gathering Storm) 84x54.
    Ynamp I like but greatest earth map 104x64 has too big some regions, it would be nice to rescale but it is excessive and gianth earth 180x94 is beautiful but too big for any pc when many turns have passed, I do not want to wait two minutes per turn or even more.
    My perfect map would be a realistic 104x64 / 106x66 or 128x80 with a slight rescaling in Europe and Japan but I do not find anything compatible with gathering storm.

5. Mr. Shadows

Mr. Shadows Nomad of the time streams

My vote goes to Greatest Earth from YnAMP.

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

hoping for something updated for Gathering Storm soon. Please post here if something comes up. Definitely want to play one with all civs (except both Greece's, India's, and Eleanor's) now I have a computer that can actually run it well.

MaryKB likes this.
  7. MaryKB

MaryKB Vice Princess Supporter

Oh yes I hope someone does, I've been playing on random maps, but I'm getting a little bored, I'm really looking forward to an Earth map but with everyone (except duplicates!) But also with disasters, lowlands, floodplains, and so on.

8. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

ynaemp giant earth.

9. Haig

Haig Warlord

I love the "official" True Start Location Earth map that is in the game.

The size is Standard so there's only 8 civs, but it makes the game more action packed and it's fun to check how the empires develop, like how Spain usually colonizes Africa and England sends settler to N.Africa etc
    Also the loading times between turns arent too long like they can be in the gigantic maps..

If you want a huge earth with all the civs then you need the YAEMP map pack or similar.

10. Onii-chan

Onii-chan Chieftain

Europe maps tend to be the worst at least. Almost all the civs are clustered together in the south and west and then all of Eastern Europe and Russia is nothing but empty plains and forest further up north lol

11. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Yeah, greatest earth map is cool, but the scaling is way too excessive, especially I don't like:

- Cuba right next to Spain.
    - Missing the north part of the map, especially in scandinavia.
    - Japan right next to the US.

Spoiler :

ninepax likes this.