What genre would your band play?

Folk doom. Screeching bagpipes and gurgling basslines = all the wins. :rockon:

Very nice. I seriously hope I get to hear a movie soundtrack composed by or featuring you someday.
Thanks! That would be a dream. I am working on an indie RPG soundtrack. It should be out in 12-18 months.

I would play metal, and I would either be the singer or the electric triangle guitar.
:lol:

Ostensibly a jam band. There would be lots and lots and lots and LOTS of covers too.

I wish I did! There are folk metal bands that use bagpipes, and some that draw from doom metal, but none with that mix. :sad:

But, just so you don't go away empty handed, take a look at these marvellous nutters. ;)

My those are some marvelous beards! I didn't notice the skirts until after a couple of minutes into the video... :mischief:

It's an interesting band though, with all that percussion.

Honestly, all the music I write* sounds like a cross between folk, classic rock, and electropop. I don't know why.

Haven't gotten a chance to record any particularly well yet, to preempt that question.

*that would fit for this thread; my classical music sounds like classical music.

I think we would transcend musical genres even as we reinvent them.

Yeah, kind of like Phish. Probably what my imaginary band would do. Though I kind of like some of the accapello stuff that "Straight No Chaser" does.

What genre is the Star Wars Cantena Band? I'd like to hear some more of thier music (or do you think they were doing covers?).

Top Bottom