1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What gives you Civ4 gamer rage?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by itsunder9000, May 5, 2013.

?

Which gives you the most gamer rage?

1. But...I was building that..(losing a wonder race)

12 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. Mr. Burnside you let me down(Losing a battle you are almost certain to win)

22 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. Anywhere but there!!!(Losing a key city spot)

20 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. A massive barabian uprising is occuring......(oh dear)

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. You sucker punched me!(Losing a key city to barbs)

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. no..no.no don't call your momma(weak civ your at war with vassalizes to strong civ)

11 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Darn Liberals(Losing a bonus tech i.e. Liberalism, Music, Economics)

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  8. But I had faith!(Not founding a religion)

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  9. I guess I'm uncompetative(Not founding a corporation)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. So this is suffering the wrath of God...(Having the AP do something you really dont want)

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  11. Cathy I thought we had something..(Being backstabbed by pleased AI)

7 vote(s)
    5.3%
  12. Run for your lives!!!(Surprise attack by a large stack of doom)

7 vote(s)
    5.3%
  13. Nananana you cant catch me...(Runaway civ)

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  14. Wanna mess with me now...?(AI gets longbows too soon)

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  15. Penniless(Not having Copper, Iron, Horse, Oil, or Uranium)

11 vote(s)
    8.3%
  16. They all stink equally

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  17. I adoped pacifism, no gamer rage but one gold upkeep for posting

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  18. Other, please specify

7 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. oranje willem

oranje willem Prince

weak civ your at war with vassalizes to strong civ

This mechanism annoys me more than it should. It more or less forces you to vassalize a civ when you can (if there is indeed a strong civ that could you over), which makes half of your conquered cities go into strike because of culture pressure (I know you can stack your army, but often you want to continue war).

2. aggri1

aggri1 Prince

Out of sync errors. I don't understand what they're caused by or why they happen, but in this day and age of almost-free inter-continental video conferencing, the fact that a simple computer game can't communicate some basic information properly is aggravating.

3. pomthom

pomthom Drive & Reverb

Voted too quickly. Should have voted "Other" : your AI neighbour culture bombs near your perfect strategic ressource city... :mad:

4. GreekAnalyzer

GreekAnalyzer Back from the Dead

I hate the AI backstabbing me. :wallbash:

5. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Do you ever back stab the AI? ;)

6. Gwynnja

Gwynnja Deity

Pay closer attention to your foreign advisor (F4.)

7. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

More like check for "we have enough on our hands right now" and review the "is there any logic to an AI DoW?" thread over on strategy & tips.

Alternatively, you can just get open borders the vast majority of times and sit a cheap unit in the AI's closest city to you. Not only does that give you an idea of where it wants to send units, but you also get to see exactly what you need to kill when it attacks you.

8. rah

rah Deity Supporter

And when that stack is suddenly missing from that border city, and he didn't just DOW you, you know fun is about to begin somewhere. And following that stack let's you know where.

9. rfcfanatic

rfcfanatic Mercantilist

There is one thing that I hate even more than Mr. Burnside and that is - losing or withdrawing from a battle without dealing any damage to the enemy. Flanking promotion does that to me all the time and that's why I hate it :mad: There are only two cases where I could consider Flanking:

1. Mongol Keshiks because of their First Strike ability.
    2. Cavalry vs Longbows or other situations with enormous tech advantage.

So I voted Other.

10. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

I voted for Burnside, and I'm not changing...but I just lost the race to liberalism by ONE turn, and have to give that a close second.

11. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Following that stack lets you potentially snipe cities.

12. tdy99

tdy99 Prince

Events that I consider stupid. The hurricane event... Uhh.. I finally managed to get a courthouse, granary, a forge, and a library built in that coastal city with low hammers, and now this. It also seems to frequently happen the very next turn after you finish building something.

The idiotic diplomacy system. There's a world war which I am sitting out. Suddenly every civ on the planet is asking me to cancerl deals/declare war over and over again, giving me a -1 hit each time.

13. Culture Bomb

Culture Bomb Warlord

I don't normally mind losing battles when I have very high odds to win.

But I just lost BOTH my super medic great generals in the same turn attacking at 98% odds. :cry: Out of the whole stack, it was only those two battles I really cared about.

I guess the moral of this is NEVER attack with a super medic, no matter what the odds.:blush:

14. Lennier

Lennier Emperor

Well, I do attach at >99% odds with my super medics to get a few of the GG promotions and build towards another GG. But only at >99% odds.

15. rah

rah Deity Supporter

That too. And somehow I take a bit extra satisfaction out of it.

16. Mec AntiKythera

Mec AntiKythera King

It seems the term enemy means as little to the AI as it does to us, except when you trade with their worst enemy--GASP what a sin that is--then they take it seriously.

BTW, while there is a diplo hit for declaring on an AI's friend, where's the bonus for DoWing their worst enemy? Sure you can't get the shared warfare points, but they should appreciate you going it alone for them as much, if not more.

17. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

Most of them make me rage, including burnside, but I had faith, barb uprising, sucker-punched, anywhere but there...

But I said the worst is "But I was building that", especially when I'm literally one turn away from completing the TGD, and then I get a message basically saying, "Oh, sorry, you don't get the benefits of the wonder you spent 20 turns building, but have 2000 gold instead." AS IF THAT'S GOING TO HELP ME!!!!

Second worst is definitely run for your lives. it happens to me literally every game. Some of you may have seen my endless complaints about it. It was a close call between the two, but the 'I was building that' won by a small margin.

18. TezaPsyborg

TezaPsyborg Warlord

I suggest in that case you never, ever play on an archipelago map with raging barbarians turned on :lol: I've done that and I had to rebuild nearly every single one of my fishing boats 2-3 times. Mind you eventually it ends up being easily farmed XP for your triremes and caravel/carracks ;)

19. Mr.Keene

Mr.Keene Chieftain

Must...found....religion...not...Christianity....please no...!

20. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

Not having a key resources is the worst that can happen for me - You like the map, Your riverside capital is doing very well, Your closest neighbour is Ghandi and he is "ripe for the picking" :D ... but the only problem is that the iron is on the far edge of the map and copper is on the other one :mad: