What gives?

TopGun

258 kills
After fixing my pediaicons issue (thanks guys), I have encountered yet another weird thing, this time with Civ3FlcEdit, the program I use to generate the flc files to my units.

Check out the attached screenshot:

What is going on? Did you guys ever experience this?

Notes:
1. I did not have CivIII/Conquests running at the time the screenshot was taken.
2. I have recently installed iTunes and the Safari web browser. I believe iTunes comes with Quicktime, would that be a possible cause - and how to work around it?

Addendum:
Here is a (new) unit I created with Civ3FlcEdit behaving this way... how does it show up in game?

Check if your Desktop is running @ 32bit.

To access your Display Properties

1.Right-click on your desktop, and then select Properties.

The Display Properties dialog box appears.

2.Click the Settings tab.

The Color Quality option appears.

3. Change your color quality to Highest (32 bit), and then restart the software.

Looks like a problem in displaying animations rather than in file itself.
Not sure this is relevant in your situation, but I had the very same problem several times when leaving PC on for a while with FlcEdit running.
When I returned to program from screen saver (Windows XP picure slideshow), Flcs that I saw ok before, were just as in picture you posted.
Turning off and restarting FlcEdit fixed the probelm. Please note I was only viewing flcs (not editing them) at that time, so I do not know if there is any effect on modifications made.

Sorry no better help from me...

I am not using Flicster. I'll check out your other suggestions.

Update:
Ares, that was it! 32 bit! Thanks a bunch! :D :D

TopGun, have you tried the latest version?

Hmmm, it's the same I have here. That's not it then.

That's why that's not it :p.
Spoiler :
Still, quite a lot of people (myself included) run into this sort of thing for never bothering to upload

Civ 3 changes your color quality settings to 16 Bit. Set it back to 32 and it will work.

Top Bottom