1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Government Type do you want?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy and Team Games' started by civplayah, Sep 7, 2009.

?

Which Government?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2009.
  1. DGame

25.0%
  2. FGame

12.5%
  3. OGame

37.5%
  4. MGame

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other (please specify)

25.0%
  1. civplayah

civplayah fronter

And Espionage could start when we research Espionage.
    Religion/Culture could start right away.

2. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Chieftain

I think Espionage could fall under Foreign Affairs. Remember Each Council can be run by one Citizen and others added to each council as needed. So an Espionage position could be appointed by the FA council when it is needed and/or participation is sufficient.

I like the idea of a religious council but I think culture comes from so many different ways it's hard to put it under one umbrella.

The whole point in using the system I layed out is to make the game sustainabe with a handful of participants. Then responsibilities can be delegated no matter how high partipation gets. This way we are not ever in need of more citizens and any new citizens could participate almost immediately Once the Tribal King/Queen period is over. Probably first 100 turns, 5 turn sessions of 20 turns IMO.

3. Chiyochan

Chiyochan Chieftain

I've always found the idea of all of these terrible only because I am not really assured there will be more than one team playing, interacting with each other is all fine and well, but the Civ AI is stupendously horrible and MUST be replaced with other human beings for this to be any fun for me,
    It would be interesting to see how this could work if we dropped a pyramid in everyones capital and let each civ pick their own ruling system, of course we might be wary of trying to change governments that might exclude players unless they want to leave.

One question i have is how do you guys deal with happiness and reform in this game? Unlike many others, Civ is a game of few repercussions, and there isn't much to be afraid of as far as unhappy citizens and decisions on what to build often seem fairly straightforward with every citizen being silent in the matter