What happened to my academy?

Mr. Shadows

Nomad of the time streams
I just tried to plant a GS while at war with the Zulu. They had a knight within striking distance but I figured at worst it would pillage the tile and I'd repair it a few turns later. Instead it made the noise that I'd built the academy but the tile stayed the same. Could the knight have killed the GS before the academy was built? I thought the improvement was instantaneous but either there's lag time or this is a glitch of some sort. Has anyone seen this?

I just tried to plant a GS while at war with the Zulu. They had a knight within striking distance but I figured at worst it would pillage the tile and I'd repair it a few turns later. Instead it made the noise that I'd built the academy but the tile stayed the same. Could the knight have killed the GS before the academy was built? I thought the improvement was instantaneous but either there's lag time or this is a glitch of some sort. Has anyone seen this?

Hover over the tile to see what it produces, if there's loads of silence you planted the Academy, it's just not displaying correctly.

Hover over the tile to see what it produces, if there's loads of silence you planted the Academy, it's just not displaying correctly.

I have... it's the same ordinary hill w/ mine that it's always been. There's been no boost to my beaker count either, even though I'm def. working that hill.

Are you sure you didn't inadvertently bulb the GS for a research boost? (Did that once with Babylon's free GS from Writing -- tough way to start a game.)

Are you sure you didn't inadvertently bulb the GS for a research boost? (Did that once with Babylon's free GS from Writing -- tough way to start a game.)

I'd have to reload to be sure, I didn't save the game and I'm not sure what turn I was on. I don't think so but a mis-click would explain it. I know I didn't instantly finish the tech I was working on, or even notice a big jump so I don't think so but if it isn't a known game mechanic or glitch maybe I was too intent on defending myself to notice. I'm pretty sure I was working on Scientific Theory at the time. That was a few beers and a plate of fried chicken ago so I guess I'm not sure though.

Shaka is strong, but not strong enough to totaly destroy academy.

There is a scientifical theory that lots of beer makes you do mistakes.

If I plant GS, I usualy plant it on grassland tile. Something with food.

Shaka is strong, but not strong enough to totaly destroy academy.

There is a scientifical theory that lots of beer makes you do mistakes.

If I plant GS, I usualy plant it on grassland tile. Something with food.

Haha... I didn't have the beers or the chicken until I was done playing. As far as planting the GS... two hammers seemed worthwhile, I already had one on some deer. I'm still learning where the best places for them are.

If a tile is pillaged with a unique improvement, does it get completely destroyed?

No. The tile will show the academy as pillaged and it can be repaired. If a replacement improvement as built on the site, however, such as a mine or another Great Person tile improvement (like a citadel), the academy is gone for good.

Yeah such as an academy on a horse resource and then a worker builds a pasture and the academy is gone for good. That's the only way academies can truly disappear after they're placed.

I've repaired GP tile improvements many times after they've been pillaged... that's why I wasn't worried about the nearby knight. If it pillaged my improvement I'd have repaired it within 5 turns and no great loss. Maybe I did misclick and bulb accidentally. I didn't think so but if there's no precedent for this then I'll assume that's what happened and I won't worry in the future.

Top Bottom