1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to the Aifons?

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by kenkrajen, Mar 26, 2009.

1. kenkrajen

kenkrajen Chieftain

This is driving me crazy. I got to know. What happened to the Aifons? What happened to Danalin? Why is he having nightmares? Why is he sleeping in the first place? Why is this area of FFH lore so secret? I haven't played all the scenarios but I haven't seen anything about them so far. So seriously, is there an unofficial ban on info related to the Aifons? Or has nobody gotten around to asking about them?

2. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

It's been asked before. We don't know what happened to the Aifons...

3. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

There is some sort of ban. Kael said something along the lines of "It is better that we do not know everything about Erebus" and no one except him really knows the truth about the Aifons. As for Danalin he is asleep because of his sadness over what happened to the Aifons and Hastur and Mammon are tormentting his dreams. These dreams are what created the Overlords or Hemah (One came before the others and I don't know which. It is another mystery that Kael wants to keep secret.)

4. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

The Aifons mysteriously disappeared, and no one really knows why. Their souls are not to be found in any gods vault.

Xienwolf has speculated that Tenton Majosi's attempts to save them may be what doomed them. In his quests to find some way to protect his people Treton eventually uncovered a ritual that would allow him to summon his god Danalin into creation to protect them personally. He began casting it, but then changed his mind when he realized that binging Danalin into Erebus would trigger another godswar and end up killing many more people. Xienwolf speculates that the ritual itself (which is probably similar to The Draw) was powered by consuming the souls of his entire race, and that Trenton was not able to stop it in time to avoid paying this price. Presumably when this ritual found its way into Illian hands i already had most of the power it needed from the Aifon souls, so the Illian casualties were much smaller. Kael has neither confirmed nor denied this, as e prefers to keep things related to the Aifons and the Overlords a secret.

Although Danalin could not personally get involved, he released his pet the Leviathan to protect the Aifons. He presumably witnessed whatever it is that happened to him, but could do nothing to stop it and was driven completely insane by the experience.

Danalin was very depressed by the loss of his favorite people and chose to go to sleep to escape the emotional pain over their loss. At this point, Mammon's archangel Hastur sneaked into Danalin's vault and began whispering horrible things into his ears, things which work their way into his subconscious and manifest themselves in his dreams although not always the way Hastur wants them to manifest. Danalin is dreaming about Hemah, another effective dreamer like himself. I sometimes think this means that Hemah is the character he takes in his dreams, thus making Hemah an avatar of Danalin, even if he doesn't know it. Hemah has a tragic life, thanks to the influence of Hastur.

It is implied that the Overlords may be the products of Hemah's dreams, or of Hastur's whispers, or of both. I believe Kael said that he knows a lot more about the Overlords than he has let on, but that the true story is less interesting that the mystery and the guesses so he refuses to ever reveal it. No one in Erebus knows the truth either, including the gods and the overlords themselves, so it is appropriate for it to make no sense to us.

5. cIV_khanh93

cIV_khanh93 Chieftain

but... but... I thought you hacked Kaels head?

6. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Its probably under the folder named "max clearence required" and even MC has his limits in breaking the secret code

7. thomas.berubeg

Speaking of that, I got a small glimpse of the wonders within, the other day... through an error, I was able to enter the Pricate team forum, and gazed upon the wonders within, (though not very long, because I felt really bad about it... Sense of Honor, and all that, and I reported it to kael... and I can't see it anymore, but :()

edit: I wonder if i could have seen the Aifon's fate...

8. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

It is really hidden in an anagram composed of the first letter of every pedia entry. There being so many no one can figure out what really happended.

9. MagisterCultuum

If I recall, Kael said he has never told and never intends to tell any other member of the team the truth behind the overlords. As such, nothing in the private forum would reveal this truth.

10. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

I think I've got it figured out. You see, the truth isn't in Kael's head... sort of. After a night of drinking, he was awakened by feverish, horrific nightmares... and thought "this would make an awesome religion." He then wrote down the tenets of this new faith in a notebook (which, strangely, now no natural thing dares come near). He based the OO upon the writings within, but even he doesn't fully understand the terrible, fiendish gibberings he set to paper...
    It would explain quite a lot, actually...

11. kenkrajen

kenkrajen Chieftain

i would buy that

12. cIV_khanh93

cIV_khanh93 Chieftain

seriously though, cant MC just predict something? Hes not a great sage for nothing...

13. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

I trust KC for this one, or it is just a loose basis on Cthulu religion where some nightmarish creature came onto the island, turned all the inhabitants into a soulless drown, fractured Leviathan's mind, and sank back beneath the waves

14. cIV_khanh93

cIV_khanh93 Chieftain

actually, killerclowns description does make sense... I;d rather like not to think of Kael as a cultist though.

15. thomas.berubeg

FFH is just one giant plot to bring our minds under the control of Giant, underwater sea monsters!

16. petcarcharodon

petcarcharodon Sheaim Archmage

Or, that's just what the giant, underwater sea monsters want us to think, and we are under control of something far more horrible...

17. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

18. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Okay that reminds me of my story with the iPod. did I mention that my ipod seems to growl at me when I am not looking? Or am I just being a paranoid after watching transformers and dawn of the dead at the same night?

19. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

run it's the Iphons :run::run::run::run::run::run:

20. MagisterCultuum

Maybe Macintosh forged their iPhones out of Aifon souls...