What happened to the Wonders culture?

Bigv32

Prince
I recently conquer the french and wiped them out. Paris had two wonders that no longer produced culture. I thought it was because the city was in resistance, but at the end of the game, the population was 100% mine and still the wonders did not produce culture. Can anyone explain this to me please.

I think it just doesn't display culture anymore with the latest patches. It still should *produce* that culture.

I looked at the list on the city scene and I did not get any culture from buildings so the wonders were not producing culture

Conquered wonders don't produce culture. The only way to get culture is to build the culture producing building yourself.

Captured Wonders do not provide culture-they do provide GP points after capture.

Wonders you conquer don't give you culture. Otherwise, you'd see some mighty fast border pops after capturing a wonder capital.

HIIIIIIIIIVEMMMIIIIIIINNNNNNND

edit: caps filter'd

So, wait, let me be clear here.

Captured wonders do or do not produce culture? I'm not following you guys.

;)

;)

They do NOT produce culture. They produce GPP and obviously their Wonder benefit (if you have the tech for the wonder I believe).

You never get to keep cultural buildings when you take a city-they are destroyed. The programmers didn't want the wonders to get destroyed, so they stop producing culture if you capture them instead. As others have said, you do get all the other benefits though, including GPP.

Conquered wonders don't produce culture. The only way to get culture is to build the culture producing building yourself.

Captured Wonders do not provide culture-they do provide GP points after capture.

Wonders you conquer don't give you culture. Otherwise, you'd see some mighty fast border pops after capturing a wonder capital.

Lol?

All culture producing buildings are destroyed when you capture a city, as well as all military ones (I think, I know Barracks goes, not sure about Stable, Drydock, etc). All other buildings have a percentage chance to be destroyed as well. In fact, thats where the money comes from, its based on what buildings get destroyed.

One cool thing when you play the Inca's, if the Granary makes it, it turns into a culture producing building. Thats nice in those late-game wars, when you want those borders to pop ASAP.

Also note, Wonders, Academies, Scotland Yard, Military Academies, and Shrines always stay, but lose their ability to produce culture, which has been gone over pretty thoroughly in this thread already, heh,

Lol?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I ask you, please, won't you give to the I Have No Sense of Irony Foundation? For just pennies a day, you could contribute to valuable research that will help millions of people who have no sense of irony. Please, give now, give often.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I ask you, please, won't you give to the I Have No Sense of Irony Foundation? For just pennies a day, you could contribute to valuable research that will help millions of people who have no sense of irony. Please, give now, give often.
...wait, now I don't understand. If you capture a Wonder, what happens to the culture?

:confused::confused::confused:

It's a mystery. Like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

It's no mystery. It's 3. Just ask the Owl. :mischief:

Top Bottom