What happens in Uranus.....

bernie14

Filter Manipulator
i was going to post this in the general OT thread but it obviously belongs here instead.....this seems to be an actual place on route 66 ...only in missouri, the SHOW ME state..

seems like a fun place to visit...

or find a job....

cops seem nice...

and they are concerned for your safety

good schools...

their mascot is a PIRATE!!!!

and other services

they have DINOSAURS!!

and of course.....

the BEST FUDGE IN THE WORLD!!!!

they got guns for the conservatives.....

and unions for the liberals....

yep....seems like uranus is the place to be!!!!

unless of course you prefer Beavertown

To good to be true....

Like the welcome sign says: "It's not a town. It's a destination".

Like the welcome sign says: "It's not a town. It's a destination".

welcome to uranus...and welcome to civfanatics!!!!! Hopefully u will enjoy these parts :D

While growing up, my father instructed me on how to pronounce Uranus: "It is pronounced 'ur-unus', he said, not 'ur-anus'. Using Uranus in sentences just wasn't any fun after that.

Well, yes, from the Greek Ouranos, meaning 'sky'.

Well, yes, from the Greek Ouranos, meaning 'sky'.

sky....that reminds me of a terrible joke..

"what does the SS enterprise have in common with toilet paper?

Spoiler :
they both circle uranus in search of klingons

Last edited:
Reminds me of thye Futurama episode with the Smelliscope.
"Just dont make me smell Uranus"

Uranus is tired of being the butt of all of these jokes, and is readying a petition to name the yet-to-be-discovered Planet X "Urmama".

Uranus is hoping that the following template for Urmama jokes can be used for future attempts at humor:

Urmama so [fat, ugly, drunk, dumb] that she...
Uranus sincerely hopes that everyone gets off of his ass.

urmama will be the death of us all

Technically not Uranus...
However, a total solar eclipse will cross North America in a couple of weeks. Take pics and post @ ... #eeclipseclips

I seem to remember that in Futurama they had renamed Uranus because they were tired of all the jokes about it. They had renamed it Urectum.
A solar eclipse? Tell me does it cross Washington DC? Can't wait for all those tweets #WhoTurnedOffTheLights? (The joke is of course that small children and mental midgets don't understand what is happening. Not naming any names.)

Uranus Fudge Factory & General Store appears to actually exist in St Robert, Missouri, but I imagine that these alleged placards are merely sold by the store in question.

Uranus Missouri is in unincorporated area outside St Robert and isn't recognized by the postal service because it is more of a theme park than a town. It is owned by the self proclaimed "Mayor of Uranus" and all the businesses are owned and operated by him. It is also the home of the Guiness recognized world's biggest belt buckle, which of course is better reported as "the world's biggest belt buckle is in Uranus."

BBC said:
A small town in the US state of Missouri is stirring controversy after announcing the title of its new local newspaper, the Uranus Examiner.

The newspaper, which was "launched" in the town of Uranus on Wednesday, was threatened with a boycott by the mayor of nearby Waynesville, Luge Hardman.

"No. I'm sorry. But the innuendo of that title puts the city up for public ridicule," Ms Hardman said.

The people of Uranus, in Pulaski County, are divided on the issue.

Natalie Sanders, who has been named as the newspaper's managing editor, told local news channel KY3 that the title was carefully considered before a decision was made.

"We had thought about 'constitution', but most of the people who love us, and who were part of coming up with the name, liked the examiner better," Ms Sanders reportedly said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45519884

Other names considered - The Times of Uranus, Uranus Observer, Uranus Insider, and for conservatives, the Uranus Guardian.

Top Bottom