What happens to a fallen angel on death?

WarKirby

Arty person
My question is pretty much as the title suggests. What would happen to a fallen angel, like Sphener, if they were cut down in battle?

Where would their soul go? do they even have one?
Would it be possible to resurrect them somehow?

My question is pretty much as the title suggests. What would happen to a fallen angel, like Sphener, if they were cut down in battle?

Where would their soul go? do they even have one?
Would it be possible to resurrect them somehow?

They are reborn as angels in the vaults of their gods. The only angels that can truly die are those whose gods will not accept them (Basium, Cassiel, Brigit, Taranis, maybe Condatis).

Would it be possibly for them to fall again, then? asnd essentially continue the fight an infinite number of times?

And if Brigit is one of those who CAN truly die, why is the the only angel unit ingame that's Immortal? Seems rather odd.

Would it be possibly for them to fall again, then? asnd essentially continue the fight an infinite number of times?

Ahh, I misunderstood your question. I dont think of Sphener when I think of a fallen angel. Most truly fallen angels have started following another god (usually Agares) and they would be reborn in his vault. The go that created them isn't important.

And if Brigit is one of those who CAN truly die, why is the the only angel unit ingame that's Immortal? Seems rather odd.

Yeap, there is definitely a difference between flavor and function there.

So... what DOES happen to sphener? or any other angel that falls purely for the purpose of serving their god in creation

Are they reborn on death, or can they die permanantly?

I would assume that a fallen angel would go to the vault of the god who he serves (possible his creator, possibly someone else) just like a mortal would, but that its "physical" form could take ages to regenerate (especially if his god does not want to help heal him) so he would be nearly powerless and unable to come back to Erebus for a long time. They may have to go through the same process as a mortal soul to become a real angel again.

It seems to me like angels whose gods would not accept them would probably go to The Netherworld, just like irreligious mortals.

Basium's defeated text from Lord of the Balors he sounds like he is expecting reincarnation after death. I tend to think that even if Arawn won't accept him as one of his angels again he expects his soul to go to the underworld, where his special knowledge of the passages back to Erebus would allow him to return, even if he has to go through the process of being born and growing up as a mortal. (I'm still leaving open the possibility that his barbarism instead could pull him into Camulos's hell though.)

Basium in Camulos's vault would be frightening, but he may be able to amass thousands of troops to kill the demons assuming that he doesn't become one of them, which seems unlikely. Of course, he may just be a weakling in his spirit form compared to other demons with bodies

So sort of like Balors in Forgotten Realms? If killed, they have to spend 100 years in their home layer, unless a God helps them (or sumoned by a mortal).

Basium in Camulos's vault would be frightening, but he may be able to amass thousands of troops to kill the demons assuming that he doesn't become one of them, which seems unlikely. Of course, he may just be a weakling in his spirit form compared to other demons with bodies

Or, not a Weakling.

He would fight for eternity in Camulos' hell, killing and killing demons until he becomes nothing more than that which he swore to fight. He may overthrow Camulos, only to take his place as a twisted fighter god. His passion and obsession may be enough to drive his "fall."

His obsession would lead him to continue fighting the evil gods, but also all the other gods.

Or ...

His obsession would lead him to continue fighting the evil gods, but also all the other gods.

Until in an odd twist of fate he vanquishes all the gods and challenges the One god for supremacy :)

Maybe he becomes the fabled Anti-One? :p (ie:prince of Darkness :D)

(I was joking, but I don't view Ceridwan as the Anti-One). First because Ceridwan is opposed by Nantosuelta, and also because I believe that Ceridwan is too constricted by her own sphere to make free decisions. If the One is viewed as encompassing all of the Good sphere, I view the Anti One as encompassing all of the Evil sphere, and perhaps the source of all corruption which corrupted Agares (assuming there are other worlds then Erebus))

Since Ceridwen can go anywere in multiverse through portals in her vault/space/black hole has she encountered the One again?

Since Ceridwen can go anywere in multiverse through portals in her vault/space/black hole has she encountered the One again?

Probably not. It would take an incredible amount of energy in order to recreate the severed link between the True Heaven and the other vaults.

My pet theory is that the destruction of Erebus would provide that energy, allowing Ceridwen to challenge the One for supremacy. But until then, or until the Altar of the Luonnotar (sp?) is constructed, the True Heaven is off limits to even her.

But she would know that challenging the One would be suicide, the One can reopen the severed link whenever she wants, but she needs the destruction of Erebus to recreate it. The One in this game is nearly all-powerful. I doubt even destroying the entire Erebus and all the gods would provide her with enough energy to challenge the One (unless you believe in my own pet theory :p).

But those portals lead everywhere, if she couldn't get to true heaven from there then she could consume infinite worlds. Did the One create all those other worlds or are there multiple One's, who were created by a Greater One, who was created by G%^#$^#$RFVU*((GYHHJD*^I&RE$S%EUDRF. Sorry, went temporarily insane.

One was created from... from... from... <FATAL SYSTEM ERROR DETECTED, REBOOTING...>

Sorry, went insane there too, anyways The One was always there. He was always there because time did not exist because before him, there was no such thing as time. So there was no such thing as "Before the One was created" or "That fluffy white rabbit playing in interstellar oblivion created the One." Simply because there was no rabbit, and One was always there. Get? :crazyeye:

...The One in this game is nearly all-powerful. I doubt even destroying the entire Erebus and all the gods would provide her with enough energy to challenge the One (unless you believe in my own pet theory :p).

Nearly all-powerful. Agares got the slip on him nicely enough.
Again, this is entering metaphysical debate on the edges of canon... the way I envision Ceridwen defeating the One, assuming she opened up a gate to the True Heaven by torching Erebus, is by playing a grand (and, I emphasize, completely insane) game of chicken, with the entirety of Creation as her car. It's already been stated that if the One were to enter Creation, without the help of the Altar of the Luonnotar, the results wouldn't be pretty. So Ceridwen, if she were crazy enough, could simply sit back in a corrupted Creation, whittling down the True Heaven from there, slowly corrupting it to her own schemes, believing that the One wouldn't leave the True Heaven (and thus destroy all of Creation) even to save his own hide. Whether she'd be right or not is an entirely different question.

Top Bottom