what happens when a city state becomes larger than a regular civ

amboo

Chieftain
The 10 city empire of venice will not try as hard to conquer the world as the 1 city country of Russia (You get the idea)

it will explode

Yes, it will explode, eliminating tile improvements and damaging units in adjacent hexes.

So each city state has a certain critical mass, and if it reaches that critical mass bad things happen. Interesting.

:mischief:

So what do you think will happen if it comes out like that? ;)
The small civ will be unlucky and the bigger city state will be lucky. But as long as nobody goes to war with it, it won't have the chance to expand further.

all I'm saying is that it's unrealistic, that the ten city city state can't acheive a science victory, while the one city civ can

why do I still feel like this has been unaddressed

Because your posts are just silly jokes. Or at least they sound like it.

I could answer your queries, but unfortunately I dont understand what you are asking, so I'll leave it to someone else to do ....

(please dont anyone answer his queries, its more fun that way!).

:lol:

Oh wait, you did get an answer, its in post 2.

it will explode

dude people ask questions like can I rename my units, and that's perfectly acceptable, but I have a question of realism and everyone treats it like a joke. Well I guess I'm just a lowly chieftan in these civ-head forums, so I don't get it. Have fun getting laid at 30

So each city state has a certain critical mass, and if it reaches that critical mass bad things happen. Interesting.

:mischief:

"Mass will have an effect," he says.
As long as it lifts us out, I figure.
Should have specified "within my lifetime."
"Gives us time to talk", he says.
"How's a dwarf get named Shepard?"
Up yer shaft.
"No really, because blah, blah, blah."
Axe answers, but I still hear him.
Drip... ground.
Drip... ground.
Worse than his talking.
Think I'll drop out for some air.

There is no realism to this question because you can easily find out how city states work, its already been addressed in just about every review.

Believe me, if you found out the answer, you would want to slap yourself, facepalm, or just sit in a corner with a dunce hat on, do you really want to feel like that? :p

C'mon, I'm sure you can guess the answer after that, its soooooo blatantly obvious.

dude people ask questions like can I rename my units, and that's perfectly acceptable, but I have a question of realism and everyone treats it like a joke. Well I guess I'm just a lowly chieftan in these civ-head forums, so I don't get it. Have fun getting laid at 30

Calm down man, your answer is that it just won't happen. City states are one city, I believe and therefore cannot be 10.
You have to learn to laugh others off who are messing with you, esp on a forum where annonimity makes us all jerks.

Calm down man, your answer is that it just won't happen. City states are one city, I believe and therefore cannot be 10.
You have to learn to laugh others off who are messing with you, esp on a forum where annonimity makes us all jerks.

pretty sure I saw in the preview video that city states CAN acquire more cities. such as if you declare war on them and somehow get whipped. the guy said it's very unlikely though

pretty sure I saw in the preview video that city states CAN acquire more cities. such as if you declare war on them and somehow get whipped. the guy said it's very unlikely though

Anyway, they won't get 10+ cities. Someone will take them from them before that.

As if getting laid was some ultimate social purpose for humanity in a world where it's completely unneeded..

Moderator Action: This thread is heading towards clossure if the spamming does not stop

The 10 city empire of venice will not try as hard to conquer the world as the 1 city country of Russia (You get the idea)

There wont be such thing as a 10 city empire of venice, if you are unlucky they could grow to 2 city... maybe 3.

From what we have seen, they would barely have enough troop to take on a undefended city alone.

Lets say it happen then... They don't want to win, they are cool and they like to live in peace. I know that's what I'd do.

Top Bottom