1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What happens when you attempt to citadel steal a citadel?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Resident Mario, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Resident Mario

Resident Mario Warlord

If I build a citadel and someone else builds one next to mine, does citadinception happen? I imagine the mechanics behind this would be fairly relevant in MP games...

Also relevant, any insight on what poor Shaka is doing here, or is it just generic AI weirdness (he later built a third one right on top of the other two):

Attached Files:

2. Adjuvant

Adjuvant Emperor

If you build a citadel and someone builds one adjacent to yours, it subsequently falls in "their" territory.

I believe, also, as forts, citadels can be constructed on a tile bordering but exterior to your cultural border. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Vitruvius

Vitruvius King

I have seen AI drop 7 citadel in a chain.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

4. Resident Mario

Resident Mario Warlord

Just tested this, it works, and now I feel like a bloody idiot for not having read the tooltip before and assuming you had to be in bounds.

5. GoStu

GoStu King

If you ever see the build recommendations for Citadels, it's clear the AI has no idea what they're for...

6. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

Citadels in your land, regardless how they got in your land are your citadels so inflict damage to your enemies units.

7. Jampine

Jampine Warlord

Hmmm, if you captured one of them, would it then make the land around it yours too? If so, then judging from half the screenshots of them I've seen, there should be a pretty nice domino effect going on :3

8. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I've often wondered, if a citadel in your territory is occupied by an enemy unit, do they still take damage every turn?

9. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Yes, unless the citadel has been pillaged.