What have I found - insanity?

OldmansHQ

Warlord
Hi,

So I was surfing the wild, strange waves of YouTube, and to no one's surprise I stumbled upon something so bizarre I just had to show this to someone. I am posting this here... because I found it whilst watching Civ5 streamed on Twitch. This intrigues me, because the following video definitely shows signs of trollism, but over 1500 videos uploaded over seven months, that shows godly dedication! Just see for yourself O_o:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c_dBWa-Fxc

This guys channel has countless videos like this one, in fact it's all there is! This makes me scratch my head so much I just might dig through the scull. A quotation comes to mind: "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" Yes, I probably have too much spare time to actually waste energy and think about it :confused:. I must know the answer, what is this guy doing, why is he doing this, what is the purpose and the meaning? What the hell is going on?

Regards,
Confused Oldman

What is even going on here. I don't understand a word.

People like this are a threat to our species.

EDIT: What little credibility he had suddenly disappeared when he said "I need money." What a swindler.

I stood about 2 mins of that! Does it get any better later on?

Numerology! Bah! Can't be doing with it, personally. It's just applied Aspergers, imo.

(Having said that, my land-line number features a lot of 3s and multiples of 3s, which I find pleasing. 3 3^3 6x3 3^2 , if you must know. Or is it? ;))

after long research and tedious work on the internet i have discovered that in statistics there is a law that says that in sets of large random properties there will always be emerging patterns because of the exponentially rising amount of links between the individual pieces of data.

this person clearly has no grasp on the concept of mathematics and statistics and watching his videos is a waste of time save for the amusement you can derive from listening to deluded loons.

also, borachio, i am sure you intended no harm with it, but linking a mental disorder to this kind of self-induced insanity can be offensive.

Indeed, I meant no offence. But, there are some on this site who would take offence at the suggestion that Aspergers is a mental disorder.

I was merely drawing a parallel between Numerology and Aspergers. You don't think there is one? The obsession with iirelevant detail doesn't cut the mustard?

Also, your suggestion that this guy has only himself to blame for his "self-induced insanity"* could also be offensive. Though, I'm sure too that you intended no harm.

*It may well be nothing of the kind. Why would this guy parade himself like this if he's not genuinely unwell?

I think he's likely got all the symptoms of schizophrenia, tbh - from what I've seen of other schizophrenics I've encountered. But I wouldn't know for sure. And I've certainly not got the patience to watch any more of him.

This is the internet equivalent of covering your walls with equations and gibberish. Accounts like that are all over YT.

^I only could watch something like 4 seconds (?).
Didn't seem interesting, even if it is not a joke.

I am sure there are actually interesting YT videos about 'insanity', with stuff like horribly amorphous but still frightening paintings and so on.
Moreover: that vid has just 35 views, so why did you post it anyway? ;)

^I only could watch something like 4 seconds (?).
Didn't seem interesting, even if it is not a joke.

I am sure there are actually interesting YT videos about 'insanity', with stuff like horribly amorphous but still frightening paintings and so on.
Moreover: that vid has just 35 views, so why did you post it anyway? ;)
Because I've been surfing the wild waves of YouTube since the dawn of... well YouTube and I have seen plenty of trolls, I was even hypnotized by a video, FYI it is not anywhere to be found, I tried looking for it many times. I posted this, because never have I seen (at least not on YouTube) someone so dedicated, so passionate and so persistent in their thing. I bet if this channelled his energy into flying, by now he would be well on his way to the moon with thought-propulsion. He has almost no views and yet almost 1600 videos, isn't that weird?

Most of them are just really short screencapture clips of him reading something. 1600 videos isn't all that unusual or remarkable. A lot of let's play channels upload way more than this.

Eh. No worse than somebody playing on the corner for change.

Indeed, I meant no offence. But, there are some on this site who would take offence at the suggestion that Aspergers is a mental disorder.

I was merely drawing a parallel between Numerology and Aspergers. You don't think there is one? The obsession with iirelevant detail doesn't cut the mustard?

Also, your suggestion that this guy has only himself to blame for his "self-induced insanity"* could also be offensive. Though, I'm sure too that you intended no harm.

*It may well be nothing of the kind. Why would this guy parade himself like this if he's not genuinely unwell?

I think he's likely got all the symptoms of schizophrenia, tbh - from what I've seen of other schizophrenics I've encountered. But I wouldn't know for sure. And I've certainly not got the patience to watch any more of him.

ah, for sure that is true. i called asperger's a mental disorder because it was included in the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders edition 4 also known as dsm iv - whether it is or not i'll leave to the psychiatrists.

i called the insanity self-induced because i assumed he was still aware from what he was doing and what he is doing is insanity, where sanity is defined as doing things which have a short or long term goal to work towards or improve any kind of personal or global situation. therefore, with my definition of insanity i even gave the person who made these videos even more credit than others could do, who could be in the position of assuming that said person was even completely out of control of his current, past and future actions in his videos on the medium called youtube.

the chance of this channel's owner visiting these particular forums called civfanatics is also rather low, which is why i have dared to cross the line of politeness and debarked on a journey of verbal debauchery and linguistical abominations degrading his character as shown in these videos to a level most low in an uninhibited way.

the chance of this channel's owner visiting these particular forums called civfanatics is also rather low, which is why i have dared to cross the line of politeness and debarked on a journey of verbal debauchery and linguistical abominations degrading his character as shown in these videos to a level most low in an uninhibited way.
Whatever floats your boat, I am just going to say that I posted this here, because I was genuinely intrigued by this discovery. Now I think that if Jesus exist he should save this guy, because he definitely needs some saving.

'Strewth!!

And you're in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novaya_Zemlya?

And you're 85?

i do indeed live in the island called novaya zembla by explorers a few kilometers away from the town which its inhabitants usually name belushya guba. i have reached this most respectable and high age by a healthy diet consisting of healthy ingredients including seal meat and reindeer meat.

i do indeed live in the island called novaya zembla by explorers a few kilometers away from the town which its inhabitants usually name belushya guba. i have reached this most respectable and high age by a healthy diet consisting of healthy ingredients including seal meat and reindeer meat.
Is there really the need for additional BS in a thread about BS? Fight fire with fire, right?

Hey! I'm fascinated.

I think Mr IhateeveryoneetahI should start a new thread entitled "ask a Novaya zemblaian" (or whatever the inhabitants of Novaya zembla are called). There's a tradition of "ask a <inhabitant>" threads. What must it be like to live in such a remote region? And so far north!

And, speaking as somebody of late-ish middle-age, older people can often have insights that we youngsters don't manage.

(Of course, a lot of older people are completely nuts. But that's life, for you.)

Top Bottom