1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What hurts your reputation?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Vindicator7, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Vindicator7

Vindicator7 Chieftain

What actions has everyone noticed that hurts your reputation?

I know dropping nukes on people hurts your rep, that is obvious. I know attacking other civs friend can hurt your rep.

Does attacking a civ who you are on friendly terms with hurt your rep?

Most of the time, right before I declare war on a civ I demand something from them just to see if I get it. If they give it to me and I declare war that same turn, does that hurt my rep?

Usually I just wait one more turn then go to war.

2. scienide09

scienide09 Regular lurker

If your best friend tried to stab you, wouldn't you be pissed? Attacking a friend will hurt your rep.

If you attack a civ who is friendly with another civ, that second civ will be less friendly toward you.
    Trading with a civ that is at war with another civ will hurt your rep with the second civ. If you're also trading with the second civ, that will hurt your relations with the first civ.
    Refusing to trade, alternate religion(s), making inappropriate demands, these can all affect your rep.

just to name a few