What i would like to see...

ElorTeglen

Chieftain
As i´ve been playing civ i´ve been wondering what would be great for this game... Right now i can think about having Terrorism and more religious options... What do you think ?

I don't think Firaxis wants anything in there to remind anyone of Sept 11, in Civ II there were Spy's that could poison water supply, and bribe enemy's.not so with Civ III.

Historically terrorism as we know it was not a big factor. Piracy perhaps, or more organized guerilla warfare sometimes. But on the scale of great civiliztions over decades and centuries, a few random or isolated attacks on civilian targets are really a blip in terms of historical impact. This is not in any way to downplay the impact on those who are affected by the acts of terrorists, and Sept. 11 was certainly much worse than most attacks, but on the CIV scale of things the average terrorist attack would likely be equal to the loss of city production for one turn (perhaps the destruction of one improvement or population size in extreme cases) or more likely a simple financial cost of a few gold pieces.

I think indenpendency wars (like in example america vs. britain) and also civil wars of somekind (north & south, Finnish civil war [one of the most bloodiest civil wars in history of mankind] for example).
Also revolutions, like French and Russian would be nice.
I think those would add something more than just making people as entertainers... (or at least it would force you to take care of people, things that really happen)

Originally posted by thedirk
Historically terrorism as we know it was not a big factor. Piracy perhaps, or more organized guerilla warfare sometimes. But on the scale of great civiliztions over decades and centuries, a few random or isolated attacks on civilian targets are really a blip in terms of historical impact. This is not in any way to downplay the impact on those who are affected by the acts of terrorists, and Sept. 11 was certainly much worse than most attacks, but on the CIV scale of things the average terrorist attack would likely be equal to the loss of city production for one turn (perhaps the destruction of one improvement or population size in extreme cases) or more likely a simple financial cost of a few gold pieces.

You probaly live in the us... Terrorism is historical, some ppl have lived with it all their lives and see it everyday. Terrorism is a part of an civilization.

following on from japskua......
i think if your people get angry enough they should revolt and go into a new form of government only available when i revolution. it should gave you no control over workers (basically automated)and no control over what cities build (exept wonders).
this should last for 10 or 20 turns, and can happen only once in the game.
this should be triggered randomly if 3/4 of your citizens are unhappy in your capital, or 1/2 your cities in disorder (not countng normal government changes). thiswould mean you couldnt have long wars in democracy and you couldnt use as much force labor in your cities.

They had a poison water supply option in Civ III but they removed it before the game was released. In the manual it was listed as an espionage mission, but those #%@&* removed that option before it was released. I thought it would be really nice to have it - especially because it would ensure that the pop would go down.

I would like to see more D-day like invasions by the AI, like the one thaty happened to sabo a while back ;)

Top Bottom