What I'd love to see in new DLC or Civ6

SanderThomas

Chieftain
Well, here's my wish list :D 4 years member, first post ever :mischief:

Units
Most of my wishes concern unit changes, updates, additions, etc..

I want airplanes with awacs, ground radar, recon and espionage abilities. Recon and spy flights should be one-turn-flights like the bombers and fighters do. The radar/awacs should be in-air full time (like helicopters) and be focused on unit movement. No eyes = no info. Entering enemy zone should not trigger war, but in some cases cause diplomatic incidents.

Nukes (and non-nuclear mid/long range missiles) shouldn't be launched from cities. Have workers create a launch site, use missile cruiser or submarine, launch them from carrier trucks or trains (Like Russian Topol). Pillaging the launch site should not necessarily mean all missiles are demolished.

Infantry are way too slow :( They usually arrive after tanks and bombers have already finished the job (just like Great Generals). Why not include APC's (like boxer mrav) to drop multiple infantry at the battle field? You should be able to use them as ambulances too: pick up heavily wounded units and carry them to safety. Movement should be high and still be possible after drop or pick up of units. A transport helicopter (Chinook please!) could do the same job. Another use of APC could be battlefield logistics: have an APC nearby for speedy recovery of wounded/damaged units.

Aerial refueling tanker, like KC-10, should extend air crafts operational mode (unless blocked by enemy interceptors or SAMs of course)

Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. For short range recon and (light) missiles.

In general: more units! Different tanks (light and MBT), different artillery (heavy rockets, shoulder-fired RPG (they fit in APC!), Panzerhaubitze), etc...

Unit storage and movement
I like the 1 unit per hex idea, but at peace time my country still looks like war time. Tanks and infantry all over the place! Like I said before: I don't like missiles being launched from cities. Same goes for airplanes and military units.
Workers should be able to build army bases, military air strips and maybe even navy bases. An army base can contain many units, but is only defended by 1 unit (otherwise they would be unbeatable fortresses and we'd be creating country borders of them :lol:
There should be a bonus percentage for having more units of course. And an anti-aircraft bonus when the base contains SAMs, etc..

Why air strips? Currently you need to take over all of the enemies cities before his air force is completely shut down. In real battle taking over the military air strips should do the job. This adds a bit more strategy to the game. Demolishing all the aircraft should be optional.

I'm not sure about navy bases. The embark mode is essential in early game, but being able to embark and disembark any unit everywhere doesn't seem too likely tbh. Navy bases would add some strategy and again: taking control over a base, or blocking one could (partially) shut down the navy.

Smart diplomacy
Right now civs will embargo each other for political reasons. No trade at all, because we don't like you. It is however impossible to link consequences to antecedents: "We will embargo you as long as you attack the other civ". This way diplomacy (world congress) completely misses its use. Consequences should be cancelled when the civ meets the demands.

To make this work, diplomacy should be split up: The World Congress is fine for most purposes. A Security Council should be added for war-related diplomacy. As soon as the UN exists the SC should meet the turn after a war is started. First question: are sanctions needed? Only when >75% agree, sanctions should be possible. Second meeting should be held to determine the sanctions. By adding sanctions you can really apply diplomatic pressure.

Another thing the SC should be able to do: allow a country to liberate a capital, without receiving warmonger penalty. In the current game you're not able to tell the world the intentions behind your behavior.

Concerning the long-term diplomacy: what I really don't like is that every resolution is stringent (?). When I'm not allowed to trade Whales, but me and a befriended civ still want to trade, we should still be able to do so. This could be reason for further sanctions of course. Not an embargo maybe, but a 10% trading penalty when trading with civs who do respect the resolution. Right now the WC causes a "World Alliance" against single civs. The real world shows us there's more than just one Alliance (Think NATO vs Warshaw Pact).
Sanctions could also be aplied to civs building nukes after a non-proliferation resolution. At first small economic sanctions, stop trading luxury resources to cause unhapiness, and after a while maybe even military interventions.

Top Bottom