What if .... Israel disappears tomorrow.. World reactions?

Ozz

Deity
The US thread was interesting, thought I try this one :)

No differience, would still have same problems.

There would be a lot of layoffs in wire services, newspapers and 24 hour news channels, for one thing.

R.III

Would I dissapear with it or I can find another home?

There is a difference ;)

Originally posted by IceBlaZe
Would I dissapear with it or I can find another home?

There is a difference ;)

A good question for these disapearance threads. Do the people all wink out of existence, or are they in a big space colony on the dark side of the moon laughing their asses off?

Also for this one (I should be shot for bringing this up), what about the West Bank and Gaza strip? Are they part of Israel (takes cover) or not? Do they disappear too?

The West Bank and Gaza Strip is a different political entity, by origin, so it should stay.

The West Bank and Gaza Strip is a different political entity, by origin, so it should stay.

Are you sure you aren't being spiteful towards the rest of the world? ;) :lol:

What do you mean? :confused:

Quite possibly a number of Arab regimes would collapse since their leaders could no longer divert people's anger by blaming problems on vast Zionist conspiracies.

That's very true! Although they'd just pay more attention to the rest of us.

What do you mean? :confused:

I think he means, would you want to keep the Palestinians in the world as revenge on the world for making you disappear? Or do we get to get rid of them too while we're at it? Or something like that. Knowltok?

Double post.

Not much difference to me, considering where I am.

I think many Arab/Islamic regimes/states will collapse and/or turning on each other due to historic/sectarian enemnities w/o a common enemy. Will act more like individual nation-states fighting over land, resources, water etc.

Relations betw the Islamic states and the West in general may even improve as they have no real issues to fight over, and as individual Islamic regimes court Western favour to support them in their intra-conflicts.

I think many Arab/Islamic regimes/states will collapse and/or turning on each other due to historic/sectarian enemnities w/o a common enemy. Will act more than individual nation-states fighting over land, resources, water etc.

Many of these states would hate the US no matter what. Our liberties, capitalist values, and compartmentalization of church and state will always be fuel for their rage.

Think of the religius impact of jerusalem being destroyed. What do you think organised religions would think of that?

Hopefully it would bring about the end of these all-enslaving, self-delusion beliefs in God and the notion of some land being more sacred than other land. Unfortunately, that new Enlightenment hasn't arrived yet.

I'll take my guitar and move to europe, where I'll write protest songs about how the rest of the world didn't stop my country from disappearing :D Then I'd take the money and build me a new Israel in the middle of the atlantic ocean. ;)

Originally posted by allan2

I think he means, would you want to keep the Palestinians in the world as revenge on the world for making you disappear? Or do we get to get rid of them too while we're at it? Or something like that. Knowltok?

Yeah, that's about it. Just kidding of course.

I think that most people would be a bit miffed at where it went...

Top Bottom