what if the UN declared world peace?

what if?

• Total voters

Highgeneral

Gone forever!
IF the UN put a end to all war and wanted all nations to join and become one nation would you want this to happen? I would not because i would fight for my countys freedom.

Just a declaration is all it takes?? Oh. Well, then I declare world peace right now! Yay! :rolleyes:

Highgeneral said:
no if all nations voted for it but your nation would you support world peace.

I'd support world peace but not world unification.

We're not ready for it. Try again in about 200 years or thereabouts, and then maybe it might be possible.

what if the UN declared world peace?
Well, after everybody stopped laughing, they'd disband the UN because it would appear to be under the control of crazy people.

No, CIV4 would be an extremely boring game.

Well the UN, if it was backed by the the west, could do it, but it would probably turn into a mess pretty quickly

What I'm saying is if the west, or NATO, as well as the UN, really made a large effort it could be done.

Highgeneral said:
IF the UN put a end to all war and wanted all nations to join and become one nation would you want this to happen? I would not because i would fight for my countys freedom.

Freedom of what?

I assume/hope you live in a democratic country.
I also assume that the "UN pacification" would create a democratic "world nation".
So where's the difference?
Or do you think that your vote would be too much diluted in the world population?
If so, why not asking to separate your region from your country?
After that, why not separating your province from your region?
After that, why not separating your townfrom your province?
After that, why not separating your neighborood from your town?
Etc.

Modern world nations are riddled by separatists who ask for "independence".

When Madrid was hit by the bombs, I made some consideration about the ETA separatist claims: If they want to separate, let them separate!
But REALLY separate! No commerce with them, no entrance admitted in other countries, no help should they need it!

Where do you live Highgeneral? On Mars? If you're on the Earth, your country NEEDS some kind of foreign cooperation/contacts/commerce, which are ruled by int'l conventions and laws. Are you independent from these?

Dumb pothead said:
Well, after everybody stopped laughing, they'd disband the UN because it would appear to be under the control of crazy people.

Let the disbanding begin!!

Oh, wait, I thought it was already under the control of crazy people, nevermind. :)

Startaff said:
Freedom of what?

I assume/hope you live in a democratic country.
I also assume that the "UN pacification" would create a democratic "world nation".
So where's the difference?
Or do you think that your vote would be too much diluted in the world population?
If so, why not asking to separate your region from your country?
After that, why not separating your province from your region?
After that, why not separating your townfrom your province?
After that, why not separating your neighborood from your town?
Etc.

Modern world nations are riddled by separatists who ask for "independence".

When Madrid was hit by the bombs, I made some consideration about the ETA separatist claims: If they want to separate, let them separate!
But REALLY separate! No commerce with them, no entrance admitted in other countries, no help should they need it!

Where do you live Highgeneral? On Mars? If you're on the Earth, your country NEEDS some kind of foreign cooperation/contacts/commerce, which are ruled by int'l conventions and laws. Are you independent from these?
IM AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want my nation to do any thing it don't want to, so i would fight to defend her!!!!!!!!!

IglooDude said:
Let the disbanding begin!!

Oh, wait, I thought it was already under the control of crazy people, nevermind. :)
They arent THAT crazy, just a little out of touch and unfocused. How would the UN 'declare' world peace? All those in favor of declaring worldpeace say Aye! AYE! In the opinion of the chair the Ayes have it, world peace has been declared! And then the orderlies drag them all off to the looney bin.

We would all laugh, then invite that Libertarian nuty candidate and have him to personally destroy the UN building.

Highgeneral said:
IM AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want my nation to do any thing it don't want to, so i would fight to defend her!!!!!!!!!
Um...against who are you so eager to fight? Nobody's going to invade you, don't worry. :lol:

Unified world? But that would mean I would have to live in the same country as those foreign wretches! :(

As nice as a spot of peace may or may not be, I doubt that the UN's word would really do it. The UN could declare the sky green, if it chose to. It wouldn't make it happen.

Highgeneral said:

Your nation (as mine) is already doing things it doesn't want.
It pays for petrol, for example (although it's trying to solve this problem...)

Apart from this, your initial question was flawed in the basis.
How can a "peaceful" world be imposed?
If it's so, then it'll be the choice of a few (or even most, but not ALL) countries. And, BTW, I'd be quite sure that USA will be among them.

Here, I'd like to pose your question in a slightly different but maybe more interesting way:
"Should the majority of nations decide to impose a world order to a few minor ones, and being you a citizen of the majority, would you fight for the independence of those other nations?"
Please answer this. This should give an idea of your concept of "freedom".

Somebody (could be Gandhi, but I'm not sure) once said: "I'm not agreeing with what you're saying but I'm ready to die to give you the right to say it".

Top Bottom