What if they got the ICBM?

One of Two

Chieftain
Meet me, :king: of the Aztecs, (deity (ds) agianst AI)

Currently I have the winning lead, closely followed by the French who recently got the ICBM:nuke:...and are getting close to their cultural victorie.

I am not that close to SDI and working towards a economic win or (very late) domination win. Domination only if I can crippel the AI long enough to enjoy a exciting late war :ar15: and economic win as a back-up.

Now remenbering what nuke's did in CIV 1, I already moved the biggest part of my units two spaces outside city's. In order to recapture them after an asult. However, two of my mayor city's, economic power houses loaded with wonders, would be a big (very big) lose if the nuke would shater the wonders.
So the question is: in what extend does a nuke demolish city buildings, unit and wonders?
second question: Can I steal the nuke with a spy?
thirth question: Can I capture the nuke by invading the capitle/city where the thingi is located?

....edit....

After several games (diety level) were the AI got the ICBM my conclusion is that the AI while (never?) use the nuke. Being at war, winning or even being the underdog nothing triggered them to through it at me.

any one "succeeded" in being bommed?

A nuke completely destroys a city as long as it isn´t your capital because then it has 1 pop after the nuke. In other words, no need to pull out your troops to "recapture" the city after the nuke.

The only defence is to build the SDI.

You cannot steel the nuke, but you can capture the city they have the nuke in.

Aye, the city is completely destroyed , along with the surrounding tiles? if the city being nuked is not the capital. Moving the units outside the city will help keep them alive, but won't help you recapture the destroyed city. I'm pretty sure the nuke is always held in the capital, or city with greatest culture?, but considering it's the french, that'd be there capital. Invade it hard, to gain the nuke for yourself. Then nuke the hell out of them.

Aye, the city is completely destroyed , along with the surrounding tiles? if the city being nuked is not the capital. Moving the units outside the city will help keep them alive, but won't help you recapture the destroyed city. I'm pretty sure the nuke is always held in the capital, or city with greatest culture?, but considering it's the french, that'd be there capital. Invade it hard, to gain the nuke for yourself. Then nuke the hell out of them.

I'm pretty sure the nuke is always held in the capital, or city with greatest culture?, but considering it's the french, that'd be there capital.

The nuke is held in the city that built the Manhattan Project. This is likely to be the capital, but by no means certain.

Aye, the city is completely destroyed , along with the surrounding tiles? ... I'm pretty sure the nuke is always held in the capital, or city with greatest culture?

The nuke is not in the capital by default. It is where the Manhattan Project is built.

The tiles immediately around the city is also destroyed, but not the full fat cross.

Top Bottom