what if they will release Civ V on consoles?

I'm so tired of all the people winning about ciV. IT'S NOT THAT BAD! Civ 4 was too complicated. ciV seems like a new civ I or II. It's getting back to basics.

I disagree, I play civ5 with a PS3 controller, the interface is surprisingly little mouse-input dependant.

Interesting. Does that mean you still move a cursor around, but using the analog sticks?

I've noticed a lot of menus don't allow keyboard navigation, which disappointed me a bit. My saying the game is mouse dependent is in part a statement that the keyboard is not as useful as hoped.

what if they will release Civ V on consoles?

I wouldn't buy it. I do not own any gaming consoles and I do not plan on purchasing any.

Interesting. Does that mean you still move a cursor around, but using the analog sticks?
Indeed, I plotted the camera movement and cursor movement to the two analog sticks. And the mouse buttons and a few important keyboard inputs, to the other buttons. Pretty happy about how it's working out. It helps that the interface at large it mostly quite un-fiddly.

I disagree, I play civ5 with a PS3 controller, the interface is surprisingly little mouse-input dependant.
This pretty much confirms what I said earlier.

I have got up to the industrial age now in my game, but I still have trouble having any connection to my empire.

That is just perfect choice. Civ Revolutions was just test drive and CiV is step into the direction we all so want.

Actually I don't see any point having this kind of series anymore on PC since this clearly is entirely different new kind of breed. Fresh and innovative game with it's own culture raising from the ashes of earlier products that we're witnessing and why bother try to sell it to some old goose PCs that even cannot run the game properly? And people who don't how to have fun with it and enjoy it?

You can play with a PS3 controller? is it a game option or your doing?

It's interesting, because it could mean that they have thought of a console version....

You can play with a PS3 controller? is it a game option or your doing?

It's interesting, because it could mean that they have thought of a console version....
You just have to emulate the mouse clicks, scroll and lateral+ up/down movement with the controler. There is a lot of software for that floating in the nets.

BTW this works with every game that can be full controled with a mouse. OFC that the playability might not be good due to other issues ( civ V big and round icons help a lot in here :p )

I wouldn't care really. There are many great games that are on both PC and console. I don't think being on console directly means the game quality is bad. It could mean the interface is more simplified and accessible which is completely fine by me.

They should just go ahead and do it, really.

Civ V just shows that the hardcore fanboys are ridiculously whiny and fickle and will violently hate and attack you after supposedly being "hardcore fans for decades". Why would you try to make games for people like that?

I wouldn't buy it simply because I already have it on PC. :p
Even though it is possible to play it with a controller, I've always been more partial to how responsive a mouse feels. (To wit: even though most WoW players say clicking is noobsauce and shouldn't be done, I always used a combo of hitting 1-5 for my main skills while keeping my cursor at the ready over useful cooldowns and the like; multitasking ftw. Fortunately, I quit playing WoW a year ago; now I can waste all of my time on other games without monthly payments.)

I'm more than a bit confused by this notion that console games are somehow inferior to PC games. True, I tend to play on my PC more often, but I've gotten plenty of enjoyment out of everything from the Genesis (my first system) to the current gen. Just because a game is on a console doesn't mean it can't be challenging, fun, immersive, mindblowing, etc. Some games, like Civ, (minus Rev, I suppose) require a keyboard and mouse to play easily and, as such, are made for PCs. Other games can easily be played with a handheld controller.

Trying to be an elitist about PC gaming is just as silly as claiming that a 360 or PS3 is the only good system. There are fantastic games on all platforms; enjoy as many as you can afford and let others enjoy whatever they choose. To everyone who still tries to claim that console games suck, shut up and try out the Katamari series. :p (or Shadow of the Colossus, or basically any oldschool SNES RPG, or Bioshock, or Super Mario Galaxy, or...)

Oh, and Kahuna: turn off caps-lock, double check your spelling, and use proper punctuation. Ponder the follies of first calling a game a "console game" and then contradicting yourself by admitting it is for PC. Then you may be able to come up with a more convincing critique of CiV instead of a spam post.

Moderator Action: Comment on a poster's argument not the poster

Oh, and Kahuna: turn off caps-lock, double check your spelling, and use proper punctuation. Ponder the follies of first calling a game a "console game" and then contradicting yourself by admitting it is for PC. Then you may be able to come up with a more convincing critique of CiV instead of a spam post.

moron. try to discern the point, for therein lies the truth............ - oh wait, should that have been in kapts"

Look, Civ5 is nothing more than the PC version of a console game, Civ Rev. Plane enuff engrish for ya'?

Moderator Action: Flaming is not acceptable on these forums, please read the forum rules before posting again

Ouch, hand appropriately slapped. I'll stop being a grammar Nazi. (especially since I am guilty of grammar infractions whenever I purposefully use improper spelling fo' fun. :p) Almost wish I had gotten a chance to read the Big K's rebuttal, but oh well.

So, to make amends: my main beef with your argument is that CiV is certainly not Civ Rev as it has more depth (than people would like to give it credit for). The problem is that there are still some balancing and bug issues that piss people off to the point that they deride the game as a whole. I, for one, haven't had to deal with any serious bugs, and while I'm still critical of the current balance it doesn't ruin the game for me.
Your use of "console games = teh sux" technique is what turned on troll-mode for me, as the more appropriate bulk of my last post shows. So, sorry about that; I did mean what I said but I shouldn't have said it HOW I said it. I'm not an English teacher, so I probably shouldn't act like one. :p

The new Playstation Move and Wii controllers are wireless mice with added control buttons. There is not a lot of difference any more between a console and a PC. A console is just a proprietary PC.

I like console games for console games, I prefer FPS, sports and racing games on consoles (waits for the attack from Team Fortess fans) and I prefer TBS and RTS on PC. They both serve my needs.

I bought Civ Rev thinking it was going to be awful, and it was better than I thought it would be. I bought Civ5 thinking it was going to be awesome, and I was horribly disappointed (I mean so disappointed I've sat complaining about it on these forums for a month after). I am so crushingly disappointed, I keep going back to it, waiting to see if I start to enjoy it but alas a couple of hundred turns in I just give up and start a new game because of the tedious boredom.

I'm so tired of all the people winning about ciV. IT'S NOT THAT BAD! Civ 4 was too complicated. ciV seems like a new civ I or II. It's getting back to basics.

That's the problem. Your opinion, which I have boldened (is that the word?) in your quote, is that of a vast, vast, vast minority. As such, the vast majority thinks Civilizations V sucks, or at least, isn't good.

Top Bottom