[GS] What influences the technological level of barbarians and city-states?

Oldlamehand

Chieftain
In most of my games (king difficulty) barbarians are a bigger military threat than other AI opponents.
It's not that they conquer my cities, but they can still do quite a bit of damage when they spawn near a place that is weakly protected. Barbarians are the reason why I have to leave quite a lot of units behind if I can't 100% cover some part of the map with the field of vision.
And I also feel that they are almost keeping pace with the most advanced civilizations. Meeting barbarian battleships at a time when about half of civilizations are still using frigates is a little strange.

City States develop their own Science/Culture but get boosts that basically auto-grant them certain techs/civics.

Not sure what the requirement for them to get the boost is but they do get them.

I think the similiar logic applies to Barbarians.

City States develop their own Science/Culture but get boosts that basically auto-grant them certain techs/civics.

Not sure what the requirement for them to get the boost is but they do get them.

I think the similiar logic applies to Barbarians.
Im not sure about the barbs. Last dom game I had they started spawning Spec Ops just when I teched Plastics with one civ left to take.

Top Bottom