Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Xylophone

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I do not play any intrument

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
I've been playing bass for 2 and a half years, and don't see myself stopping any time soon.

Recorder
Trumpet
Coronet
Xylophone, glockenspeil, metallophone (basically all the orph instruments)

However, I've dabbled in acoustic guitar (I can't even tune the thing right, lol), harmonica (no thanks), and piano (no real lessons, I've just come up with catchy riffs)
In school next year I'll be taking guitar lessons.

Drummer for life, baby!!

Also voted for piano, although I'm not too good at it.

I can play a type of the guitar... air guitar :p

The percussion family, and vocalist. Much better at the latter one than the former one; I never really took my band seriously, to be honest. Probably had to do with how I intensely disliked my instrument choice (why, oh why did I have to choose an instrument which would have me on BASS DRUM of all crappy instruments...)

Tuba.

Harmonica.

Trombone marginally, drums marginally.

EDIT Jews harp

nonconformist said:
Bass is basically just an extension (or rather a cut down version) of guitar.
A few folks have commented already, but I have to put my $0.02 in.

While the two instruments may look similar, and be tuned similarly, that is about all the similarities. They are played very differently, and fit into the musical spectrum differently.

Bassists rarely play chords, while most guitarists live for chords. Well except if you are play leads or fills. A good bassist doesn't even play the root of a chord a whole lot. Mostly it is thirds, fourths, fifths and sevenths of the root.

The bass is usually considered part of the rhythm section. A good bassist and a good drummer work together to fill the lower portion of the musical spectrum and maintain the rhythm (OK, so that was obvious.) A good example of a bad bassist is Sid Vicious. Listen to those Sex Pistols tunes from the seventies. He was pretty much a one note charlie. Then pick any non-punk band, from the 60's to now and listen to the bass. It will be moving around and creating and alternative melody under the basic song structure.

I'll shut up now and go away.

- Oh the poll! I play 6 and 12 string guitar and the harmonica (although most folks I know call it a harp.)

Trumpet all the way. Rock on :rockon:

North King, there is no such thing as a crappy instrument :nope:

(Oh and Future, the correct spelling is baritone.)

Strange how no one noticed that he mispelled instrument.

Violin, viola, and (to a lesser degree of ability) the alto flauto a bec, which I try not to call a recorder lest somebody think I play one of those plastic things with which elementary school students torture the people around them.

More pressingly, where is the euphonium? The fluegelhorn? The hurdy-gurdy??

Top Bottom