What Intresting Thing Happened in yoru game?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by TheMarshmallowBear, Feb 8, 2013.

1. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

While I was, the actual runaway, I managed to actually overthrow somebody who was quite powerful, I was playing as Theodora against 12 other civs (all of them from ITR leaders), on a Europe map script, I managed to take 3 cities from Maria Theresa giving me enough boost, and then, I decided that William was just too much of a threat to win, he was at the same level with me technology wise, he had to go, I found it rather weird how easy his cities were to take, but then again I ganged up on him along with Askia and Elizabeth.

So that made it intresting, even on Warlord :p

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm playing a game as China and quickly discovered that I was alone on a continent. I had resigned myself to the fact that my UA would be useless for half the game when who shows up? Kamehameha and his seemingly endless supply of settlers. So I got my war on and got a few GGs, some workers, and some cities out of it. He even gave me a city on another continent as a parting gift. Then he got wiped out by the Russians. All this before I got caravels.

Also, humorously enough, Ceasar and Theodora are stuck on a small continent together in an endless war between his huge army and her huge navy fighting around Constantinople. A true battle of East vs. West.

3. Mesin

Mesin Chieftain

At one point in time I decided to do an OCC culture game as India, and I had 8 people on the map.
    Two of those people were England and Siam. If you don't know where this is going, basically England conquered the Inca, and the Dutch, while Siam conquered Songhai, and some other country. This left my one single city out in the open with the rest of the world tech ahead. Eventually the Dutch got liberated by Siam, but it was only one city. In the end England won through tech.

4. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

I had a pretty interesting game one time back on vanilla, playing as America on some kind of map I think I generated in the world builder.

I started on a continent with just me and China and a few city states. I eventually got into a war with China, and ended up beating them pretty badly, leaving me with most of the continent. So eventually I discovered another massive continent where there was many civs. I mostly ignored them, with my attention focused on other less populated continents. I did a good bit of colonization, and gained some city state allies by helping them with barbarians, all while competing with Gandhi for city state alliances all over the world. I even witnessed an AI Napoleon colonize way away from his homeland close to my colonies.

I don't think I had any VC set on that though, so I just eventually quit that game.

5. smallfish

smallfish Immortal

Discovered El Dorado and Fountain of Youth on the same map :eek:

Nope, nothing to see here. Just dust... and echoes of imaginary crazy people who talk to imaginary COs

6. WChrisMullen

WChrisMullen Warlord

I once won a Cultural Victory as Elizabeth the exact same turn I would have won a diplomatic victory with the UN vote.

7. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Ocean King

Seeing Hiawatha got steamrolled by Sulaiman. while trolled by Boudicca. Classy.
    And I was enjoying a continent all by myself after I cleaned out Genghis.

8. sufficiency

sufficiency King

This is the Pangaea map I just played on (standard sea level and everything)

That's the only thing that connects the two continents (which is worth basically nothing). I had a lot of problems in the early game because I couldn't find the players on the other continent to trade with and the players on my own continent hate me to hell.

I guess that's what you get if you play on continent maps... I never play on them though =\

9. Matthew.

Matthew. Deity

I recently had a game like that, too. Except it was Persia's capital close to the little connecting strip. The amusing/annoying part was that I had taken Persia's two satellite cities early (~T80) without realizing what was behind his capital. I signed peace and left him his capital, just 'cause. I then scouted the rest of my "continent" and realized the connection to the other half of the map was exactly where I was at right from the start.

10. smallfish

smallfish Immortal

I definitely think there should be more Pangaea maps like that... only played two since last Dec and they were pretty Continents-esque

Also I love mounted units soooooooo much. None of those Infantries o' mine survived.:lol:

11. Sidor1982

Sidor1982 Warlord

I've recently had a game where Ghandi(!) conquered two of his neighbours - Harald from Denmark and Napoleon from France (+ some CS)

How often do you see that?

12. sufficiency

sufficiency King

I remember in one game Napolean was at one time having the biggest score lead (what a surprise). Then every other AI denounced him, and dow'ed him a bit later. In the end he had like 1-2 cities left, most of which were taken by India (including Paris).

13. Jelster

Jelster Prince

I spawned a few hexes from the Settler of Milan, I could see him after I moved my warrior.

So, I restarted the game, and spawned 2 hexes from a set of ruins ! Moved my warrior and there was El Dorado !!! The ruins turned out to be 20 Culture :D

14. Xahz

Xahz Chieftain

Just started a deity game on Pangaea as Hiwatha and had an absolutely perfect start. River, mountain, hill, and about 6-7 camps of Truffles/Deer nearby. Found some good early ruins (two citizens, culture, gold) and got myself ready to dominate the game.

At about turn 25, realized I was on a pretty big peninsula. Send my scouts inland a little more and found an impassable mountain range. Literally 20-something tiles of horizontal mountain, COMPLETELY cutting me off from the continent. There were two openings on the opposite ends of the mountain range, and they were both owned by city states who decided to firmly plant their spearmen right on top of the only tiles I could pass through.

Needless to say I quit the game a couple turns later. Such a shame, too :(

15. RedFuneral

RedFuneral Warlord

I'm currently playing a continents game(king difficulty) with 11 civs and I get put on a continent alone with Germany(not a one of the 20 something city states spawned on my continent either.) I'm currently in a permanent war with Germany for the continent but what I'm really interested in seeing is how the other continent(continents?) end up with 9 civs and all the city states all crammed together. I'm playing a civ that can cross ocean tiles from the start and already can see that there aren't any CSs out on islands. I'm playing with CCTP extended so the game is going to last 1000 turns. I just hope there isn't a runaway on the other continent. At the moment, 150 turns in, I'm the runaway having the best science and culture output in the world.

16. Bex

Bex Chieftain

I resurrected Songhai from the dead twice, from two different civs, late in the game (only because Askia had been nonstop friendly since day one and I kinda missed him). They were the only 2 wars I started. As soon as I liberated his city, I made peace. But the next time I clicked on him he was guarded because I was a warmongering menace. What an ingrate.

17. Jelster

Jelster Prince

No class some of these leaders..... :rolleyes:

18. Sarang235

Sarang235 Chieftain

I once completed OCC by turn 335 with a cultural victory as Siam at King difficulty(Without any replays for the first time):goodjob:. I refused anyone's request to enter and I only had 1 warrior which was eventually upgraded to mechanized infantry(Don't know why I bothered with it:crazyeye:)> None of the AI declared war on me. I was playing on Pangea (the vanilla version)

19. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

In my last game Rome had 4x as much units as i had but luckely he asked my for a friendship agreement. Which i happely accepted.

20. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

Beware though. From what I've seen, he can be a backstabber.