What Intresting Thing Happened in yoru game?

Augustus is one of the biggest backstabbers in the game.

He does, however, like to DoF people so he can focus on killing others he chose not to DoF with.

I remember one time I had a DOF with him for a long time, but after a while, it expired and he would not renew it. Then came the DOW.

Ouch. He was beating me up bad. I quit that game.:(

I remember one time I had a DOF with him for a long time, but after a while, it expired and he would not renew it. Then came the DOW.

Ouch. He was beating me up bad. I quit that game.:(
If they've been friends with you forever and then decide not to renew it, they're probably going to DOW you in a couple turns. I noticed it with Askia once. He had been my friend the whole game, and had even shared intrigue that Siam was plotting against me (So it wasn't a fair-weather friends situation) but then up and decided "Imma kill you now."

I like the challenge of the unknown so I play shuffle settings with a random leader. I've been trying to practice my cultural games because I never do well at them. So I started a game and was assigned Ethiopia with a jungle start and Nappy and Monty for neighbors. I played that start 3 times (something I rarely do) and never could hold off Monty's jaguar spam.

So I gave up and played another cultural game. This time I was assigned Dido. I had a nice starting position which turned out to be on a large island with...Nappy and Monty for neighbors. Seriously?

This time I managed to hold them off and eventually took Paris (after a very long war). Monty overplayed his hand, irritated everyone and eventually DOWed me again resulting in the loss of his cap. Eventually lost the game when Sejong launched 2 turns before I completed Utopia.

My next game will still be cultural, and I don't care who my neighbors are but I hope it's Nappy and Monty. I'm going wide, and I'm going mean, and my soldiers are bringing matches.

Started an emperor game with Attila, popped a battering ram on turn 2, took Carthage on turn 11, took London on turn 19, bought two more rams about turn 35-40, took Mecca on turn 47, took Seoul on turn 52. I can't say I've ever wiped out four civilizations and owned my continent by turn 52 before... those rams are filthy. It helped that each civ founded capitals on flat terrain and hadn't started settling new cities yet. My only regret is that there's nobody left to kill.

"When [Attila] saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

I Played with gandhi at emperor. I was sandwitched between Elizabeth and Bismarck. But to my surprise, Bismarck lost two of its cities to kuala lampur :D by turn 200 and pretty much tried to recover throughout the without success :D

Top Bottom