What is John McCain?

Is John McCain a conservative or a liberal?

• I consider myself a conservative, McCain a conservative.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I consider myself a liberal, McCain a convservative.

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • I consider myself neither, McCain a conservative.

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • I consider myself a conservative, McCain a liberal.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I consider myself a liberal, McCain a liberal.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I consider myself neither, McCain a liberal.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I consider myself a conservative, McCain neither.

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • I consider myself a liberal, McCain neither.

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • I consider myself neither, McCain neither.

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • I consider myself and John McCain to be Radioactive Monkeys.

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters

Fugitive Sisyphus

Escape Artist
I have seen various posters describe John McCain both as a liberal and as a conservative as a Ted Kennedy in disguise or a reincarnation of George W. Bush. This confuses the heck out of me so poll is coming.

To some people, a traditional conservative is someone who hates illegal immigrants, wants to invade every country that isn't already our lapdog and torture until our heart's content, and who realizes that the free market solves everything. To those people, he is a communist.

To everyone else, he's a conservative.

I cannot call anyone a conservative who would so willingly push for a trashing of freedom of speech via McCain-Feingold. But I won't call him a liberal either.

He is a CommieNazi. No, wait, that's who McBain was fighting on The Simpsons.

I'd say he's closer to conservative than liberal. Whatever that's supposed to mean.

He's a moderate conservative. He's not a liberal by any means, but he's hardly a right winger. You're allowed to decide for yourself whether that's good or bad, but anyone insisting that he's conservative in all aspects (Or a liberal overall) is deluding themselves.

He's a moderate conservative who crosses party boundaries a lot. I believe he sticks to his beliefs and he has the best interest of this country at heart (after all he sacrificed a good part of his life for it). Even though I'm a democrat this year and I can never vote for McCain because of his lack of economic knowledge and his staunch view on Iraq, I've still always had a lot of respect for the guy.

In the past years, he has been alienated and shunned by his party and just a few months ago, his campaign was going broke and polls showed he was way behind just about every republican candidate. I really felt for him because he was the only one in the republican race at the time who I saw any integrity in (besides Ron Paul, but Ron came later). McCain faced enormous odds and he was even thinking about running as an independent if he didn't get nominated.

I really like the guy, he's a fighter, but stop with the ultra-conservative stuff. Republicans are saying he's not irrationally conservative as if it's a bad thing. I'm glad that McCain is getting the nomination because he has always been a uniting force in the congress and stood up against Bush and his administration and against republicans at large in many occasions.

McCain is a guy who sticks to what he thinks is right, unfortunately some on the right are more concerned with dogma than practicality.

Even though I'm a democrat this year and I can never vote for McCain because of his lack of economic knowledge

I'm curious which candidate has what you would consider good economic knowledge?

McCain's stances are primarily conservative.

What he isn't, however, is a radical, and that pisses off the radical conservatives who have pretty much been running the States the past eight years, and who considers themselves the rightful proprietor of the Republican Party (as opposed to the people who hijacked it around the late nineties).

I'm curious which candidate has what you would consider good economic knowledge?

Well you gotta define "good economic knowledge" for me.

In any case, I'm talking about a lack of economic knowledge in McCain's end. He has literally no clue about our how the economy works.

In any case, I'm talking about a lack of economic knowledge in McCain's end. He has literally no clue about our how the economy works.

OK, who doesn't lack economic knowledge then?

Are you saying Obama knows how the economy works or Hillary knows better than McCain? Don't make me laugh.

Does it really matter under what banner he falls?

Shouldn't politics be about issues rather than labels?

That's crazy talk! :D

Top Bottom