What is PBEM?

jagd

Chieftain
Hello,

I have played Civilization IV several times online, but being disappointed with it I heard that PBEM matches are the thing to do. But I'm not sure what PBEM is or how to get into the community, it seems very intimidating . . . Is it just setting up games with other people? I've heard of something called Pitboss before . . .

PBEM is Play By EMail games. Just like the ones you've played online but with a few differences:
- longer games (more time to think but also games can take a very long time, not just one night);
- it allows proper diplomacy, with all that it implies;
- people playing it (at least in this site) are much friendlier than most of the online players;

It might seem intimidating, but it's quite simple! Maybe you felt intimidated on your 1st online game but then (afterwards) not? Well, maybe it is the same here. The very first turn might be strange as it is all new, but after 2 turns it will feel easy and natural!

There aren't many games starting these days, so just keep an eye for this site and if a new game appears, you can always join!

Last, but not least, Welcome to CFC! :band:

Top Bottom